cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

When will an esim be available for the Xs?

IFL1702
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Does anyone have an update on when Vodafone will offer an esim for the Xs? I would loev to know but no one is giving me any insight on a date. I have seen on one thread that it coulkd be as late as 2020.

30 REPLIES 30

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@IFL1702 - As soon as there’s any information on us supporting eSIMs, we’ll announce it on our blog. Please let me know if you need help with anything else.

Thats not really an answer and isn't really very helpful. If Vodafone is offering the service elsewhere why not in the UK? Any further specific information as to when would be gratefully received.   

Is Vodafone planning to introduce it?  Is the installed technology up to scratch? EE cant offer it to business cuctomers on the old Orange network.

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Every Vodafone network is separate and they have no relation to one another other than the brand name. Vodafone will never ever give advance information on here about product intentions until it's been publicly announced. Also it's likely that EE has an exclusive arrangement with Apple but no one will tell you that either as it's sensitive commercial information. 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

So as a Vodafone user you get suckered into buyng the latest gear but can't use it. Do Vodafone ever read these forums? 

@jeffkinn wrote:

Every Vodafone network is separate and they have no relation to one another other than the brand name. Vodafone will never ever give advance information on here about product intentions until it's been publicly announced. Also it's likely that EE has an exclusive arrangement with Apple but no one will tell you that either as it's sensitive commercial information. 

jeffkinn
As a Vodafone user no. As an Apple consumer perhaps I might buy stuff I don’t really need but I’m always aware what will and won’t work. Of course there are always things that are irritating. For instance, I recently changed my wife’s tariff to one with limited minutes for phone calls as she doesn’t make a lot of calls, only to find that WiFi calling is only available on unlimited tariffs and I need that facility at home. When a new technology is introduced, such as an esim, you have to undertake careful research to ensure that you know what you’re buying. Buyer beware!!

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Saying its fault of users for not doing their research is not the question as most people are aware of buyer beware. It's a request to get some clarity of when and a more specific answer than 'keep a watchful eye on our 'blog'.  Once that information is available users will be able to make an informed decision.  Open conversation rather than  closed one

jeffkinn

Please name one company for me that will tell you in advance when a product or service is being launched before it's officially launched or introduced? Why would any company do that? Let's say for instance that Vodafone says that emsim technology will be available in April and then, for whatever reason, that doesn't happen. This forum would be full of plenty of angry customers. Their strict policy is to say nothing until a public announcement has been made. I for one cannot see a problem with that approach and no customer should assume that a service will be launched within a particular time frame or at all. A good example is visual voicemail that has been available on iPhones from the start but Vodafone has never introduced it. Also there are software solutions to most of these issues. I use hullomail for visual voicemail and they also offer a product called 'Another Number' for those who want a second number on the same phone.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Any further update from Vodafone.  It’s now over 6 months since I upgraded an IPhone X for an XS to use specifically with dual SIM as Vodafone webchat led me right up the garden path promising they’d support it within a few weeks of launch.   Vodafone are radio silent.  An absolute disgrace.  

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @starbuduk, we don't have a confirmed date for this yet. When we do, it'll be advised on our Coming soon page first.