cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

When will an esim be available for the Xs?

IFL1702
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Does anyone have an update on when Vodafone will offer an esim for the Xs? I would loev to know but no one is giving me any insight on a date. I have seen on one thread that it coulkd be as late as 2020.

30 REPLIES 30

Doesn't matter now Mark - I've ditched Vodafone and signed up with EE!

Hello Vodafone,

Like many consumers I have also been tricked into renewing my contract with Vodafone on the promise that dual sim would be available soon, which was late last year.

You have not delivered on this promise plus you are failing to give certainty around when this will happen.

If there isn’t a firm date soon I will cancel my contract with Vodafone and look into starting a class action lawsuit on behalf of all consumers who have been mislead by you.

Best wishes,

Guido

I'm sorry for the delay in getting this out to everyone @guidohakkenberg. We're still working on this and as soon as we've any updates, it'll be posted on our coming soon blog first.

Sadly that’s just another empty promise from Vodafone Mark.

I’m currently making enquiries if this is worth a class action lawsuit, if it is I’ll pursue. You’ve very clearly mislead your customers and are not offering a fair solution, so this should be rectified.

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way @guidohakkenberg. if you wish to take your complaint further, you can find more information on doing this in our code of practice.

Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Hi there how have you beed mislead Vodafone has been self explanarory on the esin all the way through all forums I enquired with vodafone last year in the shop and on the phone ans was told they are working on it and once its up and running they would notify all customers I was also explained to me that they could not give a precise date 

2021 hopefully 

Hi, I’ve also been misled by Vodafone, I have a contract with Vodafone but also have a supplied work phone which is on O2. So I didn’t have to have 2 phones I opted to go for the iPhone XS Max with the option of using the eSim with Voda. Not to preempt the situation I opened a chat with Voda and asked if the eSim would be supported by them on the XS Max at launch, they said yes and even told me how it would be done by using a QR code. At this point I had the option of renewing my contract or moving carriers but due to this fact that they would be able to use the eSIm I didn’t feel the need to go through the hassle of changing over to EE, so I signed a new deal which was cheaper because I kept my old phone so technically now on SIM only.

At launch I then purchased an iPhone XS Max for over £1000 with the notion of using my Voda on eSim and my work O2 number on their supplied SIM card. I was away on business so once I got back a few weeks later and I had received my phone delivery, I called Vodafone to set up my new duel sim, one phone experience and it was at that point I was then told that it wasn’t available and I had been given the wrong information, the caller then offered me £15 compensation off of my next bill for their mistake and that was that. £15 for my outlay of over £1000, if I had known I would have bought a Note 9 with duel SIM slots. Now I’m stuck with two phones again until the end of my contract and I can move over to EE! Well done Vodafone, you’ve lost my business for life after this, even if you do sort it by the time my contract is up for renewal, I still won’t be staying!

I think EE must have an exclusive deal and bard other network for certain length of time. I wonder how long is this going to be.

It’s already more than 12 months. Vodafone is working on 5G but not bothered with Esim. 

This is very disoppointed from Vodafone.

If we look at the e-SIM for the Apple Watch, Vodafone lagged EE by just over a year and support for the e-SIM from Vodafone appeared when the most recent Apple Watch was launched. I wouldn't be surprised if we see the launch of Vodafone's dual number capability on the iPhone when the next iPhone arrives.