cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Where Do I Find My Account Number or PIN?

davidbarker
1: Seeker
There might be a really obvious answer I'm missing, but I'm trying to register for the online services & am being asked for my account number or PIN. As far as I know, I don't have either?

I received the iPhone 4 on Friday and my number just became active today (after porting from O2), but the only kind of reference number I seemed to have on any email or even the documentation that came with the phone is the order number, beginning with 'o'.

If anyone can help, I'd be very grateful!

Thanks,
David
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi kayliczkowski

You can find out how to request your account number on our Top Ten Vodafone Questions. The easiest way is to text the word ACCOUNT + your full postcode to 97886. Should you be unable to use this service, you can also use the e-mail link provided in the Top Ten Questions and we'll e-mail the account number to you.

We're unable to e-mail your PIN number as we don't have full access to PIN numbers for obvious security reasons.

Thanks

Simon

View solution in original position

336 REPLIES 336

alexandra91
2: Seeker

I have had the same problem, I have not set a pin up with any one.  Joined through 'phones for you' and when I upgraded my contract in the vodafone store the contract with 'phones for you' stoped and I started a knew one, I have no paper work with any details of my new contract so I do not undertand what my PIN is?

regards

Alex

Hi alexandra91,

We've added a section to our Forum FAQ's that will assist you with your query, you can find it here.

Thanks

Andy

Hi, I'm having the same problem - texted and got the ineligle reply

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi West107,

There are alternative options for getting your Account Number in the link that my colleague Andy has supplied in the post directly above yours.  :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben

Hello

I'm a new customer and would like to find out my account number. Apparently it's a requirement if I want to bring my current phone number with me, but it still isn't included in the 'welcome' email.

I've followed the advice elsewhere about texting 97886, and had the unhelpful reply about being ineligible for an upgrade. After ten minutes of muzak, Customer Services cut me off and went home for the night.

I'm not getting the best impression of Vodafone here, and I'd appreciate some help. Thanks.

Hi InterMan,

You can find the different ways to find your account number in our FAQ’s page here.

James

I'm also having the same problem. Please could you assist and advise my account number.

Many thanks !

Hi andrews297,

We've added a section to our Forum FAQ's that will assist you with your query, you can find it here.

Thanks

Andy

TommyAllain

I got a HTC Windows Phone 8S yesterday and I have no data connection and I cannot register my phone because I can't get my account number, I have text 'Account' followed by my postcode and it says "you are not eligible to upgrade your account" and without it I can't register my phone. 

Can you please help me find this and also if you have any other ideas to why I have no data connection please inform me.

Thank You

Tommy

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there TOmmyAllain

You can get your account number by following the instructions in this link:

Finding out your Vodafone Account number

The quickest and easiest way to set up Internet and Picture Messages on your phone is by texting web to 40127.  That should send the correct settings to your phone and configure it for both Internet and MMS messages.  If that doesn't go through, you can enter the settings manually following the details in the link below:

How do I set up my phone for internet access and picture messaging?

PWIAC