cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why are customers getting no information from Vodafone?

ArchitectMonkey
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

See the screenshot attached from the EE community forum. 

Why are Vodafone customers not getting any specific advice?

• Please speak to live Chat (who give random missinformation)
  • Please use the order tracker (which has not updated even for those who have received handsets)
  • We will update you with further rinformation in 3 days (5 days later no update)

These are not sufficient communications.

25 REPLIES 25

aquestion
4: Newbie

I think also this adds weight to what people have said all along, people understand there is high demand for this product but a company which I presume has a similar number of orders, customers and other demands on it's time can manage to reassure and inform its customers.

No need to tell mistruths, no need to ignore customer request for basic information relating to their order, no need to inform them the exact ETA when that might be out of their hands due to other parts of the supply chain but tell them what they do and don't know.

I.e treat Customers with respect

Thats exactly what the problem is here.

I understand that there is huge demand for the phone and that things are delayed. But vodafone really need to get their house in order and start to communicate with us.

Live chat is a running joke, I could spend all day trying to find out when it will be delivered, instead of simply telling me they do not have that information they fabricate it. I've lost track of how many different things I have been told about when the phone will be delivered.

I've decided to cancel my upgrade today and will get the phone direct from Apple, not because my phone is delayed, but because of the complete lack of a respect vodafone have shown about keeping me informed and attempting to commuicate with me.

Retired-Viki_R
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @ArchitectMonkey

We apologise for the delay in getting these phones out to customers.

The reason we don't want to give out specific dates and times of expected delivery is because Apple need to make more phones before we get more stock and there could be delays on their end with regards to how long building the phones take, we don't want to let our customers down by promising a different date unless we can 100% guarantee that customers will recieve them on that date due to last Fridays events.

Viki

@Viki_R

I was already given an exact date for my delivery: 16th Sept

VF repeatedly guaranteed this delivery date-even told me to take the day off to make sure i was in when it came.  It is now 22nd and the phone is still not here.  When is someone from VF going to get in touch to tell me what went wrong with the guaranteed delivery date?

Apple "need to make more phones". are you having a laugh?!?! 

So how come all the other mobile phone operators have been getting deliveries of stock, and apple themselves can have the stock, but Vodafone are having issues? I have checked both EE and Three and they can get me the phone by tomorrow!

So how is it that you guys cannot get this issue sorted?

So many customers complaining and all you can say is apple are making more phones. That is complete ##~##!!!!

@viki_R wrote:

Hi @ArchitectMonkey

We apologise for the delay in getting these phones out to customers.

The reason we don't want to give out specific dates and times of expected delivery is because Apple need to make more phones before we get more stock and there could be delays on their end with regards to how long building the phones take, we don't want to let our customers down by promising a different date unless we can 100% guarantee that customers will recieve them on that date due to last Fridays events.

Viki

How is EE able to provide detailed info and delivery dates but Vodafone cannot? 

We all just want detailed day by day updates just like EE is doing. If they can do it, surely Vodafone can too!

Retired-Cara_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @ssrij

The current demand outweighs the supply. We're receiving more orders everyday and sending them out to our customers as soon as we can. 

Cara

So you ARE receiving shipments everyday? Not just on a Tuesday and a Thursday like every department and call centre will tell us? 

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@waltdisnae wrote:

So you ARE receiving shipments everyday? Not just on a Tuesday and a Thursday like every department and call centre will tell us? 

Have you considered that shortly after the release Apple did not have sufficient stock to make deliveries everyday?