cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why can I get the tariff I want for cheaper (on Vodafone) else where?

Psientologist
1: Seeker

Looking to get the iPhone 6, 64gb as I don't want to downgrade from my 32gb 5, stick on a 24 month contract have 4G because why wouldn't I and not have my bill cost too much more.

So, it looks like I can get it for £43.50 a month at Carphone Warehouse and only have to pay £69 up front for the device. Seems legit, my bill will be a fiver extra and hopefully selling my old device shall more than cover the £69.

Being a customer for well over a decade with Vodafone I decided I would check this site. Why not, surely they can give a better deal, customer service, brand loyalty and all that.

Nope.

Instead for the exact same bar some "free" extras like Netflix (I already have) this site wants me to pay £129 for the device and £48.50 a month, £300 extra once it's all said and done.

I ask, why?

Sort it out please Vodafone.

iphone6price.jpg

Left is carphone warehouse, right is this site if that wasn't clear and before anyone needs to go check my facts.

2 REPLIES 2

d5aul
4: Newbie

Yep, I had the exact same decision, actually spoke to Vodafone & pointed out I could save the best part of £180 by getting the Vodafone contract via Car Phone warehouse, the lady I spoke to was quite rude & said that CPW were not allowed to be selling the phones at a discounted price & she would have the deals immediately stopped! she was not prepared to offer me any discount.

I ordered from CPW & collect the phone tonight.

I also note that CPW are still offering the same deal so I guess rude VF lady was unable to stop the deal!

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Questions like this get asked time and time again which is why it is always best to search before posting.  More than likely your query has been asked before and answered.

Vodafone don't compete with third parties such as Carphone Warehouse, particularly on iPhones.  The prices you see online are the prices you will pay for an iPhone - Vodafone won't negotiate on them.  Third parties do not have the cost of a network to maintain, and often use their marketing commission to offset the cost of the handset. 

The only way you will get any discount on an iPhone is if you are eligible for a discount scheme such as the Employee Advantage Scheme

PWIAC