main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

iOS

Why dont vodafone support eSim in the iPhone?

Highlighted
2: Seeker

I have been waiting for a long time for vodafone to announce that the Esim will be supported in iPhones, and I really cant get my head round why they wont do this yet, other networks are and vodafone customers are just constantly being told coming soon... I'm sure there will be a lot of customers that chose to go elsewhere because of this.

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
4: Newbie

My "sim-only" contract expires in September and unfortunately I will be leaving as I need an "e-sim".

I really do not want to carry two phones when one can do the job.

I was hoping Vodafone would have introduced the "e sim" early in 2020.

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Have you considered a Hybrid Dual Sim phone @Broker-Man  ?

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted
14: Advanced member

Ineptitude? They seem to be far too busy wasting time on things like Tobi, which is just irritating to use.

Vodafone win awards for having the worst customer services every year, but they still want to make the "customer journey" worse by making it harder to speak to someone who won't be able to help. If O2 or EE is an option, time to move.

View more options
Highlighted
16: Advanced member

I'm hoping that the announcement of 5G iPhones this autumn might be the point where Vodafone UK finally get on board and offer the eSim solution. 

Vodafone Group itself have said positive things about the technology so one would assume there's been some kind of technical issue that has prevented consumption.

I'm on the same page as most though, it's becoming more of an issue as time goes on. I have a month long trip planned to Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand at the end of the year and would love to be able to use dual sim functionality. My days of carrying round multiple devices are over.

#FingersCrossed

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

There is a wider security issue with eSim i.e a softsim vs a reprogrammable chip on the phone board , that criminals can exploit.

View more options