main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

iOS

Why isn’t 4G working properly on my iPhone SE

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
2: Seeker

According to Vodafone I should be able to make and receive calls, even without a phone signal. Wi-Fi Calling is available with selected phones on Pay monthly Red Extra and Red Entertainment plans, but on my phone it says I’m on 4G but calls cannot be made unless I’m linked to WiFi. So when I’m out and about and I need to use Google maps for directions, I can’t. Recently I borrowed a mobile phone connected to a different supplier other than Vodafone and 4G worked perfectly. I’ve recently changed the SIM card on advice from Vodafone but to no avail. Help is required 

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
17: Community Champion

Hi @Wolf2735

Vodafone Calling Over WiFi  and 4G aka voLTE  are two different features. 

A person needs also to be in a supported area for 4G calling as well as using an eligible phone and contract and its Activated.

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone to rule out the phone at issue too. 

An Apple Stores Genius Bar can run diagnostics on the iPhone also. 

All the networks have fringe coverage and not-spot areas so a person will experience different varying experiences with signal and data strengths. 

Customer service should be able to go fully through your account settings in order to help too. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
1 REPLY
17: Community Champion

Hi @Wolf2735

Vodafone Calling Over WiFi  and 4G aka voLTE  are two different features. 

A person needs also to be in a supported area for 4G calling as well as using an eligible phone and contract and its Activated.

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone to rule out the phone at issue too. 

An Apple Stores Genius Bar can run diagnostics on the iPhone also. 

All the networks have fringe coverage and not-spot areas so a person will experience different varying experiences with signal and data strengths. 

Customer service should be able to go fully through your account settings in order to help too. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options