Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wi-fi calling abroad

jz1289
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Does Wi-fi calling on iphone work in USA, and if it does if you have the moible network switched off so the call is made over wifi will it cost you.

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @jz1289

The best option to explain this is to point you to the T & Cs.  Please see the paragraph on roaming below, it will give the information you need.

WiFi Calling - Terms and Conditions

Please note Wifi calling will only kick in when there is no network connection available, this means leaving your network switched on and paying the daily £5.00 roam further charge.

Section 10 and 13 on https://www.vodafone.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/consumer/network-and-coverage/vodafone-wi-fi-calling... seem to suggest that any wifi calls are to be treated as normal calls even while in roaming; they also do not seem to specify that its from sepcific countries only:

Roaming

1. If you make any calls to UK mobiles or landlines over Wi-Fi whilst roaming, your calls will be charged in accordance with your usual UK bundle and treated as if you’ve made the call from the UK.
    13. Calls made over Wi-Fi will appear on your bill as your usual monthly UK minute allowance.

Can anyone from vodafone clarify this please?

thank you

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ukvw I've responded to your post on a previous thread :Smiling:

I have been rold that wifi calling will NOT work when roaming - the terms and conditions are wrong and will be re-wirtten - this chain:-

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Android/S8-wifi-calling-when-roaming/td-p/2571293

Are you saying wifi calling should work when roaming? 

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

To be fair, I think this is probably one you should try on your next trip overseas to see if it does work. Long before Vodafone introduced Wi-Fi calling in the UK, I used it whilst roaming here in the UK with my US carrier. So long as I had the wi-fi function set to on (and the network name reflected this) then all my incoming / outgoing calls were (and still are) taken out of my domestic US allowance. Despite the fact the network said this wasn't possible.

Why not try your theory and post back here with the results?