Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WiFi Calling broken with update to IOS 10.3.3

Bravo
4: Newbie

Wifi calling on my iPhone 6s has stopped working since the upgrade to 10.3.3 on Monday. Previously it had been working for 18 months or longer on this and previous handsets.

Vodafone have disabled and re-enabled WiFi calling on my account. On the handset itself network settings have been reset, numerous soft resets - which only caused "waiting for activation" message to come up and WIFi Calling to switch from this on but awaiting activation state to simply being switched off again all by itself.

Finally after speaking with Apple 2nd level (senior) support late yesterday the phone has been completely wiped and restored as a new phone with a clean install of 10.3.3 using iTunes.

Still to no avail - phone is now steadfastly refuses to even enable WiFi Calling, insisting I must call Vodafone UK to have it activated.....

I was told by a helpful Vodafone adviser last night that several iPhone users had reported and experienced the same issue after the 10.3.3 upgrade - he had personally dealt with 3 such cases yesterday.

I'm now waiting the obligatory 24 hours that VF insit the account changes can take to propagate through the network. Phone has been switched on and off several times since the last call with VF adviser at 8pm last night

Has anyone else had this problem and resolved it?

20 REPLIES 20

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Bravo

I've seen similar issues happen with iOS updates unfortunately.  :Sad_face:

The good thing about Apple and iOS updates is they are sent out by Apple themselves and not controlled in any way or fashion by the Networks. 

The sometimes not so good thing is that it's rollout is not first sent to the Networks by Apple first for them to go through, and then sign off for Apple to push it out to their network branded phones like they do with Android Firmware.

This can occasionally break something for users. 

I'm assuming the Networks get a version to test themselves asap and liaise with Apple to iron out any bugs they come across. 

Then I assume some form of carrier update is pushed out to remove the bug. 

I hope your wait is not too long. 

The Social Media Team here will pick up on your thread and feed this back although it seems Vodafone are already aware going from your conversation with them. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I hope so too....

Concidentally my last working SureSignal decided to throw it's hands up yesterday too (no lights, dead as a door ##~##). Its gone back to VF along with the other two broken SureSignal V3's, but I digress....:smileylol:

Relaible phone calls can only be made from one room in the house now....just barely, one bar of signal.

jeffkinn

I have a 7 plus. I rarely use Wi Fi calling - never any need to - but as it happens last night I received a call while deep in the bowels of the London Underground tube station at Bank using Wi Fi calling.

So the problem is specific and generic which will make the problem much more difficult to solve.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers

@Bravo wrote:

I hope so too....

Concidentally my last working SureSignal decided to throw it's hands up yesterday too (no lights, dead as a door ##~##). Its gone back to VF along with the other two broken SureSignal V3's, but I digress....:smileylol:

Relaible phone calls can only be made from one room in the house now....just barely, one bar of signal.

A Sure Signal has a 24 Month Manufacturing Warranty on them but the v3 has been highlighted with failure issues so Customer Services should help by dealing with them even if the warranty has expired. I'm sure they'll help you with them. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Ed7
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi.

I am in the same situation. A vodafone rep told me that the wi-fi calling issue is due to the ios update and that I would have to wait for the next update from apple! My phone now constantly reads "waiting for wi-fi calling activation.." in the settings. It is also not possible to switch off the wi-fi calling (although it is still only waiting for activation).

Any help with this greatly appreciated.

the concern is next update from Apple will be iOS 11...

Just got of phone with Apple senior support (2nd level) - issue is now going to their engineers. Issue has been escalated with VF as well. Not much more I can do now.

As you say, who knows when Apple will relase either another firmware update. The carrier settings (updates) though are in the hands of VF  (so I was just told), so there might be a carrier setting update/patch to cover it??

I'm considering downgrading iOS to 10.3.2 which was working fine...

yes me too, but that is not secure!

Another one here. Annoying as it works fine still w/ my USA carrier SIM just not Vodafone UK.