main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

WiFi London Underground

4: Newbie

Just wondering why Vodafone closed down this active thread about their wifi on London Underground not working when they still haven't resovled the issue?!

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Archive/London-Underground-WiFI/td-p/2439139

Anyone from Vodafone like to comment?

View more options

So, I have the truth that Vodafone have been trying to hide for over a year now. 

Vodafone had an agreement with Virgin's to use their hardware/network to provide wifi on London Underground.  However, that agreement ended and Vodafone are trying to renegotiate another contract with Virgin.  So I take the private message route is Vodafone giving its customers the run-around whilst they see if they can/are going to renew their agreement with Virgin.

View more options
17: Community Champion

And I still connect to Vodafone wifi how?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options
3: Seeker

Works fine for me also! 

View more options

@envsf03 Older posts are always archived automatically, I'm sorry for any inconvenience that's been caused by this. Users can still view the posts and reply if they want to. 

We're not currently aware of any underlining issues with the London Underground Wi-Fi. We're more than happy to help anyone further with any issues that are currently ongoing. If you'd like us to take a closer look into any issues you're having, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us.

View more options

@Loz - thank you for your response but I won't bother with the private message route.  As you can see from the link to the thread, lots of your customers have already tried that,.  This includes myself and the resulrt was I was given the run around by Vodafone who many times either just didn't bother responding to my messages or had a terrible problem of losing them.

Fool me once, shame on you vodafone - try and fool me what it been now, 5 times, shame on you yet again.....

More and more Vodafone don't make me happy anymore

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi Loz - would you or someone else from the Vodafone team be able to assist me with the same issue? I have an iPhone 11 Pro and cannot change my EAP settings. I have called 191 numerous times - getting told a different story every time which is extremely annoying.

Thanks

View more options

Can someone please sort out the issue with me? I am experiencing the same problems and have spent hours on online chat and 191.

This is the biggest joke of customer service I have ever seen, with every conversation differing from telling me to reset my network settings, to then log in with username credentials (because apparently I haven't tried that before), to downloading new settings profiles, to connecting to BT (which is not even available in the tube), to opening the my Vodafone app first.

Do any of the customer service team on 191 actually know what the tube is? I am seriously losing any patience I have had at all.

View more options

I found the only way to resolve this issue was to leave Vodafone - They told me it was my mobile phone that was causing the issue as it was an old model (Smasung S7) and tried to sell me a phone for approx £800.  However, my 'old phone' works fine using the London Underground software with my new proviider EE.

View more options

hi,sim card problem,remove/reinsert twice,it may work,this appplies also to mini wifi routers,please tell me if it works

View more options

I was previously told to take out my SIM card twice by Vodafone and reinsert it.  Doing this did not fix the problem for me or friends who had the same issue.  The only I found to resolve this issue is to leave Vodafone and go to another mobile provider. When I did that issue I had with trying to connect to London Underground with Vodafone wifi was resolved instantly.

View more options

@Solomon425 Please pop us a message on Twitter or Facebook with a link to your post and Community username as well as your mobile number and full name. Our team will then be able to help with connecting you to London Underground WiFi. 

@envsf03 It's a shame to hear you've now left us because of this! If you change your mind in the future or you need any further assistance, we'll be happy to help.

View more options
3: Seeker

Hi, sorry to hear you've had the same issue I did. I found downloading the settings file here did the job:

http://www.robk.com/vodafonewifi.mobileconfig

I believe this has been posted earlier in the thread but it may not be visible anymore, or it may not work for you. 

I found for about 6 months I had to download that file 2-3 times a week, maybe more. After 6 months, the issue resolved itself. I imagine a new settings file was pushed to my phone by Vodafone. 

Their Support on this issue was appalling.

View more options

The real shame @natasha is that Vodafone didn’t help to resolve the issue whilst I was still with them for the remainder of the 8 months left on my contract.

View more options