Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi Calling on iPhoneXS stops and requires reboot

TheObo
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have Wifi Calling working on my iPhone XS iOS 12.3.1 and it used to work just fine for months.

But now it stops working almost every day and I have to reboot the phone and then it starts working again.

Any ideas why?

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Are you able to see if wifi calling works ok on another phone @TheObo 

i.e. try your sim card in another phone.

If it does then either the software or preference settings or maybe one of your apps already on the iPhone is causing some conflict.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @TheObo 

I suspect the reason for this is the phone is dropping it's WiFi connection and when the phone is rebooted, it relocates the signal.  The next time this happens, put the phone on offline mode (airplane), this should save you having to reboot the phone, if you are using your home WiFi, you can also try turning  the Wifi off and back on your phone.

If there are continued issues it may help refreshing WiFi  calling on your phone, this can be done by removing WiFi calling on your My Vodafone Application waiting 24 hours and setting it up again.  Hopefully, this won't be necessary.

I have tried all of your suggestions - (airplane mode, Wifi off and back on) and none of them work.

Only a reboot of the phone gets the Wifi Calling back.

I also removed the Wifi Calling from my plan and waited a day and turned it back on. This hasn't helped either.