main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

iOS

Wifi Calling

1: Seeker

I have an iPhone SE and upgraded to a Red package last year specifically to get Wifi calling. We have next to no Vodafone signal in our house, and WifFi calling on my wife’s EE phone works very well.

The upgrade went fine and to start WiFi calling seemed to work.  However though the phone now shows Wi-fi calling and I can both dial and pick up calls, within 20-30 seconds the call breaks up and cuts off. We have a decent Wi-fi signal, fast broadband and the rest of the network works fine.

Before I give up on VodaFone, is there anything else I can try?

View more options
3 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

Speaking to customer service on 191 or Live Chat may yield results.

Or another alternative is the Sure Signal Device that works off homebroadband wifi that creates a 3G signal in your home but does cost a one off £69 for the Sure Signal.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
1: Seeker

Thanks for response. Tried a SureSignal but it was very ineffective - and I’m not in a big house. After just after a year it died and Vodafone were not interested in replacing it so I won’t try that again.

Customer service in the past has just trotted out standard stuff but will give them a try .. in trepidation.  

Other suggestions very welcome

View more options

@RMNS1 I understand how important a reliable signal is and it's disappointing to hear you're having problems with your Wi-Fi Calling. We do have an online page with troubleshooting steps. As you've mentioned it does make a connection but then drops out, I'd suggest deactivating and then re-adding it, using the steps advised. It may also be best turning off your Wi-Fi Calling and testing the normal network, in case there's been improvements made in your area. 
If the issue continues, please follow the steps I've sent you in a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options