main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

Yet another blacklist mistake by Vodafone, on an innocent persons phone.

2: Seeker

Currently in a sim only contract with the carrier Three

iphone 7 Plus purchased simfree from Apple jan 2018.

Suddenly a few days after christmas there was no service, on investigation by Three they say that the IMEI has been blacklisted by Vodafone and they cannot help no more.

Contact Vodafone, never been a customer said they can't do anything as the imei isn’t registered to Vodafone, however my carrier is adamant that Vodafone were the ones to blacklist the phone.

Anyone have similar experiences?  what lengths, did you have to go to? what was the outcome?

View more options
6 REPLIES 6
17: Community Champion

I know your saying Yet another phone blacklisted but this is a rare occurrence imo but never the less it's a frustrating one as your caught between both networks.

Getting the Networks to bang heads together isn't always easy to solve an issue.

Let the Vodafone Social Media Teams here catch up with your thread and they'll help you as best as they can with this @Fela337

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

It’s now nearly 6pm on the same day, and I have still had no one message me to resolve my issue, so frustrating 🤦🏾‍♂️

View more options
17: Community Champion

I can understand that your frustrated with this @Fela337

Due to the time of year I assume support will be skeleton crew and the departments not fully manned.

Hence taking longer to reply.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
12: Established

I've never tried them, but there are services on the web that check the blacklist status, is it worth trying one of them. Maybe it's not Vodafone UK that have blocked it, but at least you'd have some proof either way?

If you bought it direct from Apple, and haven't had it repaired or anything, maybe an Apple Store can do something as they know the IMEI they sold you last Jan?

View more options

I have already tried everything I possibly can, and it’ all just keeps coming back to Vodafone 

View more options

I'm sorry to hear your phone's been mistakenly blacklisted @Fela337. As we'll need some personal details to help get this resolved, please get in touch through the link in the private message I've sent you.

View more options