Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Yet another sim swap problem

Dan81
2: Seeker
Tried the sim swap from my Samsung to my upgrade of iPhone 6 and still waiting,

iPhone arrived Wednesday (day later than promised) it's now Saturday.

I've turned the phone off waited , turned it back on etc. I've even had two texts from Vodafone saying the sim swap has been completed, but nothing,

Thought I would try live chat as apparently it's a 24/7 service, live chat unavailable,

Very frustrating
10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

Typically it should take maximum of 24 hours but is usually within minutes. I had one that once took a couple of days due to the Network being busy. 😦

Has service stopped on your old SIM card yet ?

It could be that your new sim is faulty in some way or the swap has glitched.

With Live Chat you have to sometimes leave the page open for the chat to initiate.

You could use the 'Contact Us ' link at the bottom of the forum page to speak to Customer Service using a working phone if possible.

Or pop into a Vodaphone HighStreet store with photo ID and they should be able to help perhaps with a new SIM card and starting the sim swap again for you.

Good luck.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Old sim hasn't stopped but the phone it is in is an s3 and terribly slow and glitchy so it's really unusable. I just feel it's typical Vodafone, if you want to upgrade you get to speak to someone in seconds but get a problem and you can't contact anybody, still got time within 14 days to cancel yet

Oh and I've been a Vodafone customer for 17 years

BandOfBrothers
Hi

Thanks for that info on your original sim.

I was thinking the old sim would have de activated by now which would have confirmed the sim swap has started its process.

Current Phone  >

My old sim did stop on Wednesday. I was 4 hours without a business line. I took the new SIM out and back in and it worked

Thanks for all your replies, tried again to remove new SIM card and put back in but it still says no service, I also use this phone for work so I could do with it up and running Asap. My old phone is slowly dying with apps stopping working

Sorry for all the rants , I'm usually a really chilled out person, but another two examples I've just come across,

A website survey just popped up on screen and it would not allow me to answer any questions lol

And

Managed to get to the chat option, I typed in my name and number then it said, chat unavailable , (24/7???)

An absolute joke ......

BandOfBrothers
No need to apologise.

I appreciate your frustration with what should be a seamless procedure.

Hope all goes ok.

😎

Current Phone  >

Hi @Dan81

Sorry to hear you are having an issue activating your SIM.

As your old SIM is still active it could be that your SIM swap as not been requested. We always send out new SIM cards inactive as to avoid any disruption to your service.

You can process the activation of your new SIM using our online SIM activation tool. 

This process can take up to 24 hours to complete but usually completes in minutes. It will aid the activation if the phone using the new SIM card is switched off when the activation is processed.

If your SIM fails to activate after completing this process, the fastest way to resolve this issue is using our Live Help team.

Thanks,

Mark

Spurry

Hi

Had a new phone from CFW last Friday. Put new Sim in and number failed to swap over.

Went to the on-line chat who said wait 24hrs.

Waited the 24hrs and hey presto Nothing. Contacted them again Sunday and the told me the Sim was not regitsterd to my account.

Told to go to the high street store. They fitted a new Sim and told to wait 10mins and it should be all good to go.

Waited half an hour and nothing. Went back to the store and a differant agent told me to wait 24hrs.

Waited and again Nothing. Spent more time with the on-line chat who said I should have no more problems and to wait another 24hrs. Waited the 24hrs and again Nothing. Next day and more chatting with another on-line agent and yet again after 48hrs and still nothing.

Been advised to go back into the store and ask them to again do another Sim swap.

Now loosing the will to live.

Feel like giving the phone bac and going somewhere else.