Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

iOS

You are not subscribed to a mobile data service - iPhone 4

3: Seeker

what i said before is i used three phones to text to 40127 but its all the same,,sending error

View more options
17: Community Champion

I've just tested it and it works.

You are a Vodafone customer aren't you? - please answer about contract and PAYG and if the phone was new or second hand.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options

yes i am a vodafone user,,im not on a contract,,i buy it second hand from ebay and its was restored when it was arrived

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there ponti28,

I've read through the thread since your first post and you've had some great help from jeffkin.

Can you confirm if you've been able to synchronise the device to iTunes yet?

Cheers,

LeeH

View more options

yup but still the same,,

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi ponti28, 

We'll need to look into this and see what's going on.

I've sent you a PM with instructions on how to contact the team, follow these and we'll be in touch as soon as we can

You can find your PM inbox here

Paul

View more options
1: Seeker
Carnt subscribe to a data service.....?.
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi SharonAuld,

Have you been able to access the internet before with your phone?

If not, sync your phone with iTunes to make sure you’ve got the latest carrier settings.

If this doesn’t help, we’ll need to check your account.

See how to get in touch with us here.

Cheers,

Andy

View more options
8: Helper
I am having the exact same problem. It will only work through wifi.

I had an iPhone 5 on PayG and today received an iPhone 6 ..I put my nano sim from my iPhone 5 into my new iPhone 6. The phone works fine apart from on my mobile data. I do have data included in my freedom freebie which has not yet been used but still receive this message.
If my post has helped you, please click on the thumbs up button
View more options
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Dale1994x

Welcome to the eForum.

So we can check the data package is on your account correctly, get in touch with our Live help team.

Thanks,

Laura

View more options

I have the same issue with my iPhone 5.  Just taken out a sim only deal with Vodafone, having moved from EE and brought my number with me.

On WIFI I can connect to the internet fine and use my apps online but otherwise on just 3G I get the error when going into my mailbox for example "Could not activate mobile data network" followed by "You are not subscribed to a mobile data service".

I have text "WEB" to 40127 but it just come up with a (!) Not Delivered message next to the text message. 

Calls do seem to work fine.  Can anybody help resolve this, my unlimited data test drive is somewhat of a none starter!

View more options

Just an update.  So the morning after I posted the above I checked my phone and it works!

I received two messages overnight telling me I had switched off international calls and adult content, I then turned off my wifi and went online and it just worked.

I guess yesterday the SIM was still becoming active given it was a new contract but I did take the contract out on Sunday lunchtime and it is now Wednesday morning so taken approx. 3 days to port my old number and get all my services. 

Hope this update is helpful to anyone having similar issues. Smiley Very Happy

View more options
Hi I got same problem and I've tried texting that number and I'm all updated but doesn't work and I am in sim and I used to be able to use 3g
View more options
Sorry I have 500MB but is not letting me is them
View more options