Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

apple watch 4 cell NOT WORKING

whatthe
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

11 days now with my apple watch 4 not working on the data plan all i get is error 2001 after 50 calls too vodafone no joy. after changing my secondary number twice no joy what a waist of time. 

15 REPLIES 15

I had that error and then later error 2005 and many other issues. Vodafone tech were unable to fix my connection after trying for 3 weeks so I gave up and cancelled my plan.  You will see another message chain where many other customers are still hoping their Apple Watch gets connected soon. Some have been waiting 5 months plus.  

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Karatemartin I'm sorry to see you're continuing to experience issues with your Apple Watch after speaking with our Technical team. So we can check on the progress of this for you and chase this up with the team if needed, plaease follow the details that will be sent to you shortly via private message. We'll then be in touch.

@janine8 It's a shame to hear that you've now cancelled your plan with us. If there's ever anything that we can help with in the future, please pop back to the thread and we'll be happy to assist.

After almost 2 weeks of numerous conversations with 191, the VF store, Vodafone UK on Twitter, Apple, etc. I gave up and took my Series 4 watch back to Apple for a refund (as I was within the 14 day return period). With the watch saga, and issues with my phone upgrade too (I was told the iphone X was in stock, then was advised by text that it wasn't, had to wait for around 3 weeks for an update on when it'd arrive - I cancelled the upgrade, but have been charged since ordering the new phone for the new tariff that I didn't have a phone for, and now the phone has turned up, despite being cancelled!), I have made a complaint to the CEO's office. Unfortuantely they couldn't work out a resolution at this time for the watch issue either, but they have tried their best, and the communication from them has been fantastic. I have been into EE, and it appears they are the ones to go with for the watch. Unfortunately I can't move my contract from Vodafone to EE at the moment, but I feel I probably will do in the near future, as the whole experience of late has been shocking. I hope you all get your watches connected, eventually. Definitely worth contacting the CEO's office though (just google Nick Jeffery's email address), as the response and service from them is amazing and you never know, you might receive some answers. 

Hi 

did anyone get there issue resolved? My husband and I both have the 2001 error code and have had no help from customer services. I really don’t want to send back but I’m not paying for something that’s not working properly 

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Curveyclarkey I'm sorry to hear you're also experiencing a similar issue with your Apple Watches as those in the thread, we'd love to take a closer look into this for you and get everything connected properly. Please send us your full name and mobile number via DM to either:

- Facebook Vodafone UK

- Twitter @VodafoneUK

If you're unable to send your details through Social Media, we'll be able to help you via Live Chat too.

I did eventually get mine fixed, Vodafone disconnected my number, both watch and phone (leaving me contact less for nearly 24hrs) when they reconnected I had a new number for my watch and it worked. There were numerous calls to Vodafone to resolve this and I ended up getting £20 compensation for the days, weeks and months of trying to sort it!!