main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

apple watch

SOLVED
View solved solution
2: Seeker

Can anyone help?

just been onto vodafone191 to ask which spec Apple watch i needed to buy to pair with my iphone 7 and was told because i am on the wrong system called "crystal" apple watches will not pair with my phone."

I have a small business account for over 3 years, with x3 phones/numbers from Vodafone , pay near £100 per month and apparantly have less choice than any new customer. Is this correct or is there a way I can buy one and pair myself?

Appreciate any advice as I see this as another  cynical case of "the computer says no" and or Vodafone forgetting loyal customers. Cheers

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
4: Newbie

@ewanrw wrote:

It’s a bit simpler than that in that only consumer plans are currently supported for the Apple Watch. 

Corporate plans are complete no no, but some small biz customers with consumer tariffs have the watch working. If you have a shared plan like Business Connect, or a Onenet plan (amongst others) it won’t work.

This is the same on EE, and many foreign carriers to the point where Apple make mention of it on their website.

ewan

But a gps only watch will work... in fact the cellular will also work you just won’t be able to currently have a cellular plan on it

View more options
8 REPLIES 8

Any of the apple watches will pair with your phone it’s a case of whether Voda will allow you to add a cellular plan to your current plan

but do you need the cellular watch??

View more options

Many thanks

they tell me that it is because I am on “crystal” system ?? Which requires an upgrade before  me and other customers like me can get an Apple Watch to pair with my phone. 

View more options

Is crystal the contract?

as far as I’m aware the iPhone runs only iOS on the watch can ‘pair’ with it..

its just your contract  may not allow the cellular watch but the gps only version should be ok

View more options
11: Established

It’s a bit simpler than that in that only consumer plans are currently supported for the Apple Watch. 

Corporate plans are complete no no, but some small biz customers with consumer tariffs have the watch working. If you have a shared plan like Business Connect, or a Onenet plan (amongst others) it won’t work.

This is the same on EE, and many foreign carriers to the point where Apple make mention of it on their website.

ewan

View more options

@ewanrw wrote:

ewan

But a gps only watch will work... in fact the cellular will also work you just won’t be able to currently have a cellular plan on it

View more options

Appreciated thank you

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks Ewan

A shame V cannot allow movement to a product/tariff  that supports new tech-esp. with so many hardware upgrades  therefore  all parties benefit from improved user experience

View more options

Cheers

therefore purchased  non cellular paired watch paired to my iPhone is best option.

many thanks 

View more options