Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

eSIM QR Code emails not being received

Kraven
4: Newbie

My understanding of the eSIM process, based off the information on the website

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/esim/activate-my-esim

"We’ll email you a QR code to help you activate your eSIM. Make sure you’re connected Wi-Fi, so you can receive emails. If you have a physical SIM it will stop working once your eSIM profile is generated."

My understanding :

1. Process can take up to 24hours to commence
2. eSIM profile is generated
3. Existing SIM is disabled (done within 15min)
4. QR code for eSIM mailed to user
5. eSIM activated on phone
6. eSIM transfer complete

I am stuck at step 4, with my phone now disconnected for 23 hours and the QR code not received.

Anyone else have anything like these issues ?

32 REPLIES 32

Evgeny, you need to contact the Support team, probably on Webchat, and explain they need to complete the Sim Swap Order Form, this will then take upto 48hrs to complete. This is a manual process with Sim transfers that fail. This is the part you're missing.

Once this happens, you may get a QR code which does not work, if so, login to the Vodafone App on your phone, you won't need a SMS code to login. From the Account Settings screen, re-initiate the Sim to eSIM swap and you'll get a QR code immediately. The QR might not work, it didn't for me, but the one received via Email did work.

i concur

if you have recieved an email already with 'not_set' activation, then go via the app and try to activate the esim.

If you can make a call to VF, go through to Customer Resolutions - not Technical.  Raise a complaint.  Then this will get 'eyes' from different department heads.  The process has broken down. and needs to be amended and fixed.

we are a bit like Guinea pigs here.  i suppose its a new concept for them.  EE have been doing this for a few years - and believe me they had their fair share of screw ups in the first month!

jeeeez

i am having the same nightmare but it feels worse as i haven't even had the email with qr code on it. I have web chatted to people three times and they just tell me to wait, this is ridiculous. I might just tell them to just send me a physical sim card. 

I really regret clicking the swap to an E sim button now 

Same problem here, out of service on my two lines:

Line 1: Subscribed to a new plan yesterday and choose e-sim delivery. Received the original e-sim QR code within minutes and loaded it in my iPhone 11 Pro. Then I decided I wanted to swap the plan to a different device, deleted the eSIM from the device and asked Vodafone support to issue a new eSIM, I got the confirmation email that it will be done within 1 to 24h.

We are a little past 24h and still no QR code.

Line 2: Was on a physical SIM, requested a swap to eSIM from My Vodafone this morning. got the same confirmation email as for Line 1. Physical SIM stopped working within 1minute. but several hours later, still no eSIM...

I've also spent hours talking to Vodafone trough phone and chat and they don't seem able to help. They keep asking the same questions and process that their previous colleague did, and they don't seem to have access to the notes the previous agent said he left ...

Any help or advise would be really appreciated it here, I'm totally out of service and going to a Vodafone store is not an option...

This is the exact same issue I am having.  Requested to move to esim, email received to say swap in progress then I have lost signal.  Now no email 24hrs later and no phone to use ahhh!

I spent days trying to resolve this with Vodafone support and they have been helpless.

customer support, Facebook support, technical support.... I tried everything.

Most of the time they wouldn’t even understand the issue, advise to wait 24h more or advise to re-request a swap from my account (which is impossible cause you need to get an sms code in the number you don’t have access to anymore)

I ended up giving up and ordered physical sims again.

Good luck!

You need to get support to complete the Sim Swap Order Form, until then it will not work, as your request has stalled in their system.

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Hodgy84 Our team would love to gather an update on this for you and get you all swapped over! Please can you reach out to us, following one of the contact channels mentioned Here?

Hi, already messaged through Facebook but no response yet.  I also have just had an email from Vodafone that my postcode is wrong.  Logged onto my account and my postcode is correct ahhhh!!  Another day of no phone!

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Hodgy84 When was it that you initially messaged our team? Was this only just today by any chance?