Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

eSim problem

donnyguy
16: Advanced member

Wondering if anyone else has had the same problem I had transferring to an eSim (or attempting to)

So last night, I decide to set up my iPhone 12 Pro and as part of the process, change to eSim (as I want to put my work sim in the phone also)

I therefore:

1. Went to My Vodafone

2. Did Sim Swap and selected eSim then iOS

3. It went to the next page where it says your sim will go off and you must have wifi. 

4. Clicked OK

This was around 22:30 last night. Within five minutes or so, the sim went dead, I check my emails and no QR code. I lose interest at this point and go to sleep.

Cut to this morning, check my inbox, a QR code landed at 04:43 on email, on a PDF and I had to use my DOB to access it. Fair enough. All good. 

However the phone flashed up, invalid activation code.

So I then decide to have a bash at entering the details manually.

It's at this point, I realise, the QR code is blank. A generic URL and nothing else. Activation code set as: Not_Set

So it took a live chat to Vodafone where they resent the same QR code, again blank. I was then referred to MyVodafone to do a sim swap back to my physical sim. I couldn't do it as when I went through to sim swap again, it wanted to do a security check (the text) before it'd let me process.

However it didn't do the security check to move to eSim. It was at this point this sprung to mind. 

So I'm now back on physical sim (the guy helped me out) but want to move to eSim. Went back to sim swap and again, it didn't seem to want to do a check on my number. So when I got to the check box for "your sim will stop working". I bottled it. 

Just wondered if anyone else has had this kind of issue? Before I leave myself phone less on the second attempt.

21 REPLIES 21

bmarsh
2: Seeker

If its any consolation you're ahead of me.  I set the esim process in motion two days ago and still no e-mail with QR code!

donnyguy

Hey @bmarsh,

Just wondered if you were sorted now?

I made the request for the third time this morning and it worked within five minutes.

No idea what happened to my previous requests though

GemmaP
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @donnyguy 

Glad to hear you're sorted with your esim! Sorry for the inconvenience caused in the meantime. There was a slight delay on esim orders that were switching over from physical SIMs but this is now fixed 👍

@bmarsh Are you up and running now?

I was using esim on Samsung S20 + and decided to move to iPhone 12 pro Max.

Did a sim swap on Friday afternoon online through my Vodafone app. I received an email strait-away to confirm that the order has been placed and it will take 2 to 24 hours. Nothing happened on Saturday. I did a web chat three times and in the end I was told to wait another 24 hours. I am stuck and I need help. No mobile phone for last two days. Can some only help me please. Thank you 

3rd time lucky! Congrats!

No, no such luck for me I'm afraid.  Day 7 with no service on the phone.  I've wasted hours of time on the webchats and calls with them.  I have now given up and requested a new physical sim as the old one is kaput.

Any update on ESIM. I’ve tried twice now. No QR code and this is for two lines so I’ve two phone down. 

azazsons
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

through my Vodafone app. I received an email strait-away to confirm that the order has been placed and it will take 2 to 24 hours. Nothing happened on Saturday. I did a web chat three times and in the end I was told to wait another 24 hours. I am stuck and I need help. No mobile phone for last two days. Can some only help me please. Thank you 

donnyguy

Do you still have working service on your physical sim? 

If so, just go on and have another bash at transferring via your MyVodafone 

That's what I ended up doing, it was a case of third time lucky 

spookype20

Same problem here!

I set the esim process one day ago and still no e-mail with QR code!

24 hours without signal on physical SIM!