main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

iCloud activation lock with my exchange.

Highlighted
2: Seeker

The situation is, I bought an iPhone XR from Vodafone and wasn’t happy with it so I did an exchange with the iPhone X. The exchange was done by driver, where the driver brings the X and takes the XR off you.  I did the exchange and all was happy days but then I get a call from the returns department a few days later telling me that I have my iCloud account on the phone. Before I shipped it off for the exchange, I reset the device fully and definitely removed my iCloud account off it.  I checked my iCloud account on iCloud,com and can’t find the device there and also checked the find my iPhone app and it’s also not there.

Vodafone Returns advised me to contact Apple directly to get the device unlocked. I contact apple and inform them about the whole situation and they said it’s fine we just need proof of sale. I firstly sent my order form out which shows the details of everything, the IMEI, date of exchange, my name, order number. I get an email back from apple saying they can’t accept it as proof. I then contacted Vodafone and they told me to do a proof of purchase form, which I also did. I filled out the proof of purchase form and I got an email back in 3 days with the proof of purchase. I thought great, this should be the end of this matter, Apple doesn’t accept the damn proof of purchase form! This was their response: 

‘Thank you for contacting us. We need more information to process your request.

To show proof of ownership of your product, please provide your sales receipt and all documentation showing the purchase of the device.

If you don't have the proof of ownership, contact the reseller. They may be able to provide you with the original receipt for your product.

The device's serial number or IMEI must be on the document. If neither the serial number nor the IMEI is on your document, handwrite either on the document reflecting the device's sale.

To find your product's serial number or IMEI, see the steps in this article:
https://support.apple.com/HT204308

Use this link to submit your documentation:

https://cryptozen.apple.com/verseker/Scbd54615fed6e9009182832311f53082/en_GB

This link is available for 10 days. If the link expires before you are able to provide the additional documentation, contact us by phone for a new link. To find the right phone number, visit:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232

We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

Apple Support’

How can I have sales receipt when it was an exchange, that wasn’t even done in store, it was done by delivery! I literally don’t know what to do and if I don’t sort this problem soon enough, Vodafone will charge me for the price of the handset. So frustrated.

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
17: Community Champion

Put it to Vodafone that you 100% reset the iPhone and erased all contents and settings and that as far as your concerned that's the conclusion and if they wish to arrange for the phone to be transported to your nearest Vodafone Highstreet Store you'd only be too happy to arrange a time to visit and check the iPhones status and if necessary carry out the process again while at the store.

Suggest they double check the iPhones status.

Have Vodafone clearly stated they'll charge you for the iPhone ?

Apple are just following their own process to protect an expensive piece of kit. 

It's a tricky situation to be in and as such I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

@mubz1001 I'm sorry to hear of your situation, I understand how frustrating and unsatisfying this experience must be for you. So we're able to take a closer look into this and help you the best we can, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us.

View more options
2: Seeker

An unpleasant situation, of course, but it seems to me that even if it was an exchange, Vodafone should still have a check and present it with all the information. Sparking sorry for you

View more options