Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iOS 11 beta

VC110895
2: Seeker

Hello, I'm as of recent, an iOS developer. I have been attempting to install the iOS 11 beta to test a few things over and over again, I recently narrowed the problems with install down to my Vodafone UK sim card, it functions as you'd expect without the sim card however when I insert the sim and the phone starts searching for a network it will freeze and crash, removing the sim will reverse this effect. Is there any reason why this would happen? Am I going to have to switch networks to continue my testing, my phone is locked to Vodafone so I may not be able to, this is very frustrating as I will have to start late testing with cellular networks. Any help is appreciated, recognition and indication of a fix would be even more welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

beta 2 now... I wonder if it's fixed?

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @VC110895

As an "iOS Developer" you'll be aware that downloading a Beta iOS can and will be buggy. 

Most early adopters of iOS Beta firmware do not download these onto their daily drivers because of the glitches and bugs that can come hand in hand with the different stages of a iOS beta firmware. 

Vodafone in my opinion wouldn't be able to help as this is an unpolished / unfinished firmware not yet fully tested out by Vodafone or even by Apple until the final Golden Master edition is eventually released to the general public. 

Hence any type of "fix" wouldn't probably help as the different beta iOS11 firmwares are pushed out. 

In my opinion Apple really shouldn't provide Beta IOS firmware to anyone apart from established developers etc. Nowadays people can simply sign up to the Developers Programme and pay the fee or download it via other ways not knowing fully what this comes hand in hand with. 

My suggestion at this stage is to not use iOS 11 Beta on your daily driver but use it instead on a separate iPhone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

So what you're saying is Vodafone won't do anything about it? That's kind of annoying because it's not the beta that's the problem, it's the Vodafone network. The beta on any other device (even by device without a sim) works perfectly fine. 

jeffkinn

Vodafone won't have seen the software any earlier than anyone else. If there is a problem and there needs to be a fix, it'll take some time to work it's way through the system. What you can be sure of is that Vodafone will ensure that it is compatible with iOS11 when the new iPhone lands later in the year.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Narrowed it down further to Mobile Data being turned on - if you turn this off when the SIM is out then you can put the SIM card back in and it will work without data but wifi can be turned on

beta 2 now... I wonder if it's fixed?

I'll get back to you in about an hour when I install it.

It is indeed fixed and slightly faster than before.

I fixed my problem by cellular data not working for my iPhone , because I moved to Fido before a week. I found a online guide about the cellular data not working and it worked for me.

stephenriw

Honestly, cellular data issue could happen at every time iOS upgrading, not just beta version. I have it for like 2-3times before, and normally I fixed it by these steps:

Step 1. Check with your carrier to determine if there is an outage in your area.

Step 2. Restart your device. Hold down the power button, swipe to turn it off, hold the button down again to power back on.

Step 3. Check for a carrier update. Go to Settings > About, if you’re still experiencing this problem.

Step 4. Turn cellular data off, after a few seconds, toggle it on.

Step 5. Enable Airplane mode. Go to Control Center > Turn on Airplane Mode > Turn it off in about 30 seconds.

Step 6. Reset Network Settings. Head into Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This could help. If it still exists, or some other iOS 11 problems come, refer to this complete guide for solutions:

[link removed]