Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iOS 8 update problems.

skoobi2oo
4: Newbie
after updating my iPhone 5 im now left with a £500 phone which has no signal and restarts itself every minute.
If i try to restore it downloads the iOS 8 which insidently takes 9 hrs and the cycle continues.
I was hoping to renew my contract as its up soon and was going to go for the iPhone 6 on vodafone but after my experiance with the signal or lack of in my case and the iPhone update issues I think I'm moving elsewhere. It's highly frustrating when you pay a fortune each month and that's all I get is a paper weight.
I've spoken to the support aswell but they keep saying I'm in an area with low coverage which to me when a phone has 5 bars on the signal that's not low signal unless 5 bars mean no signal just to clarify im not getting 3G at all but I do get gprs . Surely I should be able to receive an iMessage.
Highly disappointed...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok ive found the issue!!!

Its not the ios update that caused the problem...

Out of pure luck the battery failed at the same time as the update which due to being almost 2 years old its out of warranty!!!

If you goto apple support and go through their support questions it sends an email to your phone and then if you click the link it does an instant diagnostic.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

skoobi2oo
4: Newbie

Just a quick update but once you try and upgrade you CANNOT go back to ios 7 as apple dont give you this feature !!!!

So im now stuck with an expensive paper weight...

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
There are always problems with fresh iOS releases, it has been the same for years. Personally I never update the iOS for at least four months which gives time for others to discover the bugs and hopefully get thm sorted out.

I have never found a feature in a new iOS release that I *must have* immediately, especially when you cn spend more time trying to get the phone to work than actually using it.

kids
To add: Are you able to connect to your wi-fi and get on the Internet? The first iOS 7 release had a bug that stopped many wi-fi connections.

Hi, im having problems too. I found this link. Hope it helps.

(Link removed as against House Rules)

Ye i can get on the wifi no problems...

Yep tried downgrading and im still getting the same problem... Im not sure now what to do as it was fine intill i updated to ios8 i thought if i downgraded to 7 it would work again but its still the same. Its really really odd!!!

I found this but not sure if this will do anything but will try tonight and let ppl know... 

(Link removed as against House Rules)

Ok ive found the issue!!!

Its not the ios update that caused the problem...

Out of pure luck the battery failed at the same time as the update which due to being almost 2 years old its out of warranty!!!

If you goto apple support and go through their support questions it sends an email to your phone and then if you click the link it does an instant diagnostic.