Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iOS to VPN on Vodafone router

rdowson
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Anyone been able to successfully use iOS to the Vodafone router? When iOS supported PP2P, no issues,i was able to VPN from iPhone to home directly. But since that's been deprecated, I've been trying to switch to L2TP. In theory, easy task. I've configured the router as L2TP server, set the shared secret and account and then configured on iOS as L2TP client. No joy in connecting. No apparent logs on either Vodafone router or iOS (iPhone running iOS 11.x) Are the VPN protocols blocked over 3g/4g connections? Suspect not as fails over wifi as well. Vodafone router Huawei 963168_HUAWEIVOX25 Firmware 5.4.8.1.291.1.30.1.19 iOS 11.x
3 REPLIES 3

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

@rdowson Now there's no user interface for PPTP on iOS it can be difficult. You can give this a try in your configuration settings:

- Type must be set to L2TP

-Description - VPN name

- Server - VPN server

- Account - VPN account

- Password - VPN password 

- Secret - Must use PPTP in uppercase

That's all the infomation I've got that may be able to help. Please let us know how you get on and if you manage to get this resolved.

Hi. That didn't work

Router set up as PPTP server with account and password 

iOS set up as L2TP as per response and no joy. 

Any other suggestions?

Regards 

Rob

TJ

@rdowson Sorry to hear that hasn't worked 🤔 Have you contacted our Broadband Live Chat, to speak to our technical team to see if they can shed any light on this?