cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPad Pro orders not coming and LIES LIES LIES from Vodafone.

bobbybsmith
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So I ordered an iPad Pro 2 weeks ago. Not heard anything  about it. Keep getting lied to by Vodafone. Was told at time of order that they were in stock. Clearly not. Get lied to over and over by sales people or like advisors. Put in a complaint. Even they want to fob you off and not admit there is a problem. And say they will get back to me 10 days down he line. Vodafone were quick enough to take my money. Now looking online it seems a lot of people are in the same boat. You feel like you are going around in circles with Vodafone. No actual thought given to the customers. Should they actually be able to keep taking orders knowing there is no stock? Not be able to give you an actual update. Is this even legal? Or should Vodafone stop taking orders and people’s money until they have caught up with stock. Never had such rubbish customer service and so many lies by one company. 

23 REPLIES 23

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @bobbybsmith

I totally understand and sympathise with you regarding this. 

Apple products always seem to be in high demand which typically means the stocking levels constantly change !

This can be because of certain colours , screen size or Gb Storage options. 

On the Vodafone Shop some are showing 1-2 weeks delivery. 

Vodafone I assume will request re stocking from Apple and then Apple send them into Vodafones warehouses. 

Demand can outstrip supply :Sad_face:

Long story short you have a decision to make which is to await for your order to be satisfied or cancel. 

I hope you get the device asap if you decide to wait. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

To be frank and very honest that is a load of rubbish. When you tell people as they are ordering the product that it is in stock and ready to ship then it should be. That’s a lie. To then check with them days later. And for them to say it will ship in 24 hours. Another lie. Days later to get told 48 hours. And still not. Another lie. To deal with their customer service who can’t solve anything. Useless. And to take orders knowing that you have no stock. And not telling g people this. Plus taking more orders when you can’t stock the ones you already have is rubbish customer service. Looking online at other companies. They all list as out of stock. As they don’t have any. This is being truthful with your customers. Apple have stock. John Lewis have stock. If the product was that popular no one would have any. Vodafone have been lying since the first placement of the order. And it’s not acceptable. No amount of bull will at the moment make me think otherwise. They are blatantly and willingly lying to customers. 

AnnS

Hi @bobbybsmith

Until the product has been despatched, the money will remain ringfenced in your account as a pending transaction and won't be debited.

Not sure if you have ordered the older version of the ipad 2 or the newer 10.5 or 12.9.  Checking online, the 10.5 and 12.9 are available for delivery online within 2 weeks but are available to purchase immediately through selected Vodafone Stores.

When the order is available and ready for despatch, you will receive an updated email confirmation with a tracking number.  The best thing to do is to have a live chat, they will be able to locate the order and let you know when you can expect delivery.

Vodafone did debit the money from my credit card the day after ordering the product. As I checked that the payment has been made. Having checked now in fairness to them the money is back on my card. So maybe a check was run to see if available funds were there. I have also had live chat after live chat. And been promised time and time again a resolution. Been told 24 hours. 48 hours. Next day delivery. Even having advisors check with a maneger that stock was available when I was ordering. Seems a lot of people on here are all having th same issue. So why do Vodafone take orders if they have no stock? I have ordered he new iPad. Why do Vodafone have stock sitting in stores when they have people waiting for orders that have already been placed? Is this not bad practice?

The Highstreet have a different pool of stock to online orders. 

So for example you couldn’t ask to collect one from the store if you’ve ordered online. 

Its akin to iPhone pre orders on apple new product launches. 

All networks take orders and have plans in place to try and bring in enough units to satisfy these orders but invariably some people are delayed. 

Current Phone  >

That’s fine. And not having stock is one thing. But lying over and over to customers in not acceptable. Taking orders and telling people you have stock is not acceptable. And Vodafone not acknowledging what they have done is also not acceptable. It’s easy to just say sorry over and over to people and have people say they understand the issue. But nothing is actually being done about it. I could take waiting a couple of weeks for a product. But when told stock is there at the point you are ordering that is what you believe. When multiple customers and having the same issues clearly something more fundamental is wrong with the system. Even now if I look on Vodafone site it says you can order one with 1-2 weeks wait. Doesn’t say they are out of stock. Check with other companies. It says they have no stock so you can’t place an order. That in my eyes is just wrong from Vodafone. Still happy to take the orders and make the promises to customers. But not able to fulfil those promises or orders. 

I understand your viewpoint. 

Its my thought that the Agents wouldn’t have been truthful with you but that their line of sight would have shown availability at that particular stage of ordering and then shortly after it’s changed. 

Communication is key in my opinion so keeping a person in the loop certainly helps.

Take care. 

Current Phone  >

From looking on here and people having the same issues I am sure they are well aware of the stock not being available at time of ordering. After ordering I have spoken 3 times with agents and kept the co versatile from the last where he assured me I would have the product within 48 hours. After already being told twice before I would have he product quickly. That was Thursday. Today is Sunday and still no product. Speaking with one agent they told me that there was a 6 day backlog at the time I ordered. I was not told this when I ordered I was told they were in stock. Can you understand why I am annoyed. And after reading on here that other people are having the same annoyance as me it make me even more annoyed. 

Yes I understand how you feel. 

As a fellow customer I cannot really advise further. 

That said we have a Vodafone Social Media Team here who read all threads and help where they can. Give them sometime to reach your thread if you’d like some help from that team. 

Current Phone  >