cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPad Pro orders not coming and LIES LIES LIES from Vodafone.

bobbybsmith
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So I ordered an iPad Pro 2 weeks ago. Not heard anything  about it. Keep getting lied to by Vodafone. Was told at time of order that they were in stock. Clearly not. Get lied to over and over by sales people or like advisors. Put in a complaint. Even they want to fob you off and not admit there is a problem. And say they will get back to me 10 days down he line. Vodafone were quick enough to take my money. Now looking online it seems a lot of people are in the same boat. You feel like you are going around in circles with Vodafone. No actual thought given to the customers. Should they actually be able to keep taking orders knowing there is no stock? Not be able to give you an actual update. Is this even legal? Or should Vodafone stop taking orders and people’s money until they have caught up with stock. Never had such rubbish customer service and so many lies by one company. 

23 REPLIES 23

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@bobbybsmith I'm sorry to hear about the delay in receiving your delivery.
Please keep an eye on your delivery using our Tracker.

If you require any further assistance, please see your private message inbox with more information on how you can get in touch with our dedicated team.

Hi 

the exact same has happened to me. I ordered my iPad Pro . I was given a delivery date then two days before I received a text saying they were waiting for the stock but should be with me in 48 hours and I could track my order online using my order number.

i tried this but the order tracker wouldn’t recognise my order number. I phone customer services where I was blatantly lied to by a Vodafone employee who told me my iPad was arriving the next day between 1245 and 1300.. I queried this as I had not received a text from DPD . He insisted I was being ‘silly’ questioning him and my iPad would arrive then. 

I then received an email apologising they were not in stock and I would get another update in 2 days. Being annoyed I had been promised something that had not arrived and that the Vodafone employee had lied to me I called customer services again to complain. 

The first person I spoke to left me on hold for 20 minutes and when she returned told be she had spoken to the warehouse and my iPad was in stock, I was top priority and just needed scanned and I would receive the DPD text confirming my delivery within the next 24 hours . I queried this but again she told me I would have the iPad in 24 hours. When I asked hat they were going to do about my complaint she just said the chap would be spoken too. I asked to be put through to customer complaints as I wasn’t even offered an apology, at which she said ‘why , they can’t magic you an iPad any quicker’! She eventually transferred me , who also assured me I would receive the text from DPD as soon as the warehouse had scanned my iPad and would get it in 24 hours . Asking why I can’t trace my order using my order number , she said this was because I needed a DPD delivery number - your tracking web page asks for the order number - all the texts I get direct me to a webpage asking for an order number. This Vodafone employee was extremely unprofessional. I asked what would happen with my complaint where she told me I hadn’t put in a complaint and needed to speak to someone else. Shortly after this call I received yet another email saying they still have no stock and I would get another update in 10 days.

Honestly , you couldn’t make it up! I have been lied to by 3 separate Vodafone employees, I still don’t have my iPad, I have no idea when I will receive it. My current iPad was put on the 30 days cancellation so it’s now looking like I will not receive my new iPad before the 30 days is up. 

There is nothing on your website to say there is no stock and you don’t know when you will get any, the phone sales person I spoked to did not tell me this either and booked the delivery for a certain day, which I booked off work so I could be in when it arrived.

i am utterly disgusted with the customer service from Vodafone. I have been with Vodafone for over 15 years but seriously considering leaving. How on earth can I ever believe another word I am told by your company when lying to customers is rife.

lesley 

If I could take your words and use them as my own that’s pretty much what has happened to me. Lied to over and over. Told was going to be coming next day. Customer service just fob you off. Operator even said I could feel free to cancel my order and buy elsewhere. Still no confirmation of delivery yet you can still place orders. Other websites say no stock so you can’t buy. And as for the complaints department they just say we will talk to the people about them giving misinformation. They don’t actually seem to care. Rubbish customer service. If I was told a month to be my iPad that would be fine. But to be lied to over and over is a completely different thing. 

Hi

exactly . If they were honest about it up front I wouldn’t be bothered but they are not and the customer service people lie through their teeth. Now to find out they have turned off the wrong bloody iPad is a joke. 

Oh forgot to say - I still can’t track my order.

also just discovered that when I ordered this , I cancelled my iPad on 30 days notice and the swapped another as the upgrade ( which I had wanted to cancel anyway) . Looks like they have stopped another iPad ( an iPad mini) not the one requested! So my husbands iPad mini now has no data - Why can’t you just get thing right? 

In response to that last bit. I can’t track my order. As that’s what Vodafone keep saying to do. It’s just says order is invalid. Which I guess means you can’t track it until it’s sent. Just rubbish service. No idea they cancel an order after 30 days. They are just not being very helpful. Just want an answer as to when it will be available. Not more unanswered unhelpful people. 

what? They can cancel our orders after 30 days if they haven’t delivered them? I didn’t know that either. If that’s the case I will not only not have use of my old iPad and my husbands mini that they have turned off but I will be back a square one at the back of the list waiting for my iPad.

Sorry I kinda thought that’s what you were saying earlier about the 30 day thing. But now thinking about it the customer complaints guy was saying that at 30 days I could cancel my order if I wanted to it it ain’t arrived. So god knows what they will do. Just don’t think it’s great to still be taking orders for things when they can’t fulfil orders they already have. 

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@bobbybsmith Please follow the advice given to you via private message for further help.

@faywray I'm disappointed to hear of the experience you've received. Please check your private message inbox for details of how you can get in touch.

Hi 

have you received your IPad yet? Still waiting, called today to be told the reason I am waiting is that I ordered the wrong colour and if I cancel my order and then reorder it in a different colour I would receive it next week. Vodafone only do it in one colour! I just cannot believe that they are still advertising this as a one to two week delivery when they have no idea when they are getting them and the staff are still telling big porkies to customers