Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 11, 11 Pro & 11 Pro Max

Benw18
5: Helper

So, who’s bit the bullet this year and pre-ordered the iPhone 11? 

Really suprised to see no threads open already, most years there is a very active thread! 

I went with 11 Pro Max, 256GB in Space Grey. It’s nice to see Vodafone catching up with its competitors and offering no-fee upgrades after 12 months... Actually the main selling point for me this time around as, if we believe the rumours, the 2020 iPhone ‘should be’ something very new. 

Interested to know how everyone else got on so far this year... All seems good for me, 2 confirmation emails and a text message within 5 minutes of confirming the order over the phone (actually made the order just before 13:00 on a Friday... surprising they accepted early orders)! 

1,095 REPLIES 1,095

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I'm actually pleasantly surprised at how Apple have price pointed the iPhone 11 and the pro and pro max versions are priced to match the current market too.

Some of the services their now offering is priced better too.

Did you watch the keynote @Benw18  where they are offering a free 1 years subscription to Apple TV when a new iPhone  iPad or iMac is purchased. Although you would need to check the T&C's if it's a purchase made directly through them or not.

I do not like the new camera array at the back however. Looks like a fidget spinner  :Winking_smiley:

That said the camera specs look on paper to be very impressive.

Will you be using the new slow mo front facing camera _ love the ' slow-fi ' name they gave it.l in the keynote.  Lol.

However that's only me and how aesthetically it looks.  Ignore me.

As ever the iPhones look to be of quality materials and build and it's got that famous Apple Logo on the back.

I see they've given the display a new name too - Super Retina XDR display that coupled with the new A13 Bionic chip brings an exciting new user experience and purported better battery life,  and iOS 13.

New flagship Apple iPhones have always seemed to command higher tariffs so it's good Vodafone are tailoring deals for new and existing customers.

I'll certainly be having a play with the working retail models in my local city Centre Apple Store.

I wish all those well who Pre Order.  :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jeffkinn

I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB in Silver arriving on Friday. I always buy direct from Apple and have a sim free contract with Vodafone.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Shakini
4: Newbie

Agreed OP -usually there's a mass of people stating the time and model they order to see how the push out goes and whether they will receive their handsets on Friday!

I had a bit of a problem going through my upgrade. Went through the upgrade page on the website after 1pm on Friday only to discover that the a new contract (new number) had been setup instead of upgrading my existing line. 'Bugs in the website system' I was told. 

I ended up going in-store to upgrade to the 11 Pro Midnight Green 256Gb. Let's see what happens on Friday -there are a few rumours that the Midnight Green numbers are limited due to the glass production for that colour. 

As ever with Apple it’s an eco system people buy into... I don’t doubt the technology that other manufacturers offer is in some respects more advanced than that of Apple’s offering, however the build quality for me is the killer card. I am (personally) yet to find another manufacturer that offers near perfection that Apple seem to. 

Camera design is marmite, love it or hate it. Will it produce amazing photos, well I’d hope so... The proof however is in the pudding. 

Ive seen on the Vodafone shop that the delivery times have now moved up to between 1-2 weeks for most models. I remember in previous years that after 24 hours that could easily be the end of October in to November. Something tells me that this particular release hasn’t got the buzz about it like years gone by. I remember ordering the iPhone X (direct from Apple on that occasion) and I waited nearly 3 weeks after launch to collect it. This time, I’m not so sure... I personally believe availability will settle after the first week of pre-orders being shipped and walking into a store and buying there and then is highly likely... Maybe the midnight green could be the exception as I’ve seen demand is high and the usual ‘production issues’ are being used for any delays. 

Has anyone else had any further updates from Vodafone/Apple (or even another network provider) since placing the initial order? 

This is time of the year is generally ‘exciting’ for those of us who are crazy (stupid?) enough to keep spending the hard earned cash... I’ve got to be honest, even though I’ve ordered the phone, I’m not that excited :-I 

jeffkinn

I'm reading that demand for the iPhone 11 is ahead of last year's launch. I expect that Apple's supply chain is a lot more efficient that it has been in previous years. I ordered mine at 1.01pm last Friday direct from Apple and was amazed that I only had to wait a week for it - assuming it arrives on Friday as promised.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Until networks stop locking dual SIM phones, I'll never buy a phone from them. iPhone Pro 256GB in grey arriving on Friday direct from Apple.

@jeffkinn I would be very surprised if Apple didn’t deliver on time - that’s one thing you can generally guarantee. 

daz1983
4: Newbie

I ordered the 64gb iPhone pro max at about 14.15 on Friday.  When I track the order it's saying estimated delivery Friday 20th. I went on live chat and the guy told me it will be delivered Friday and even gave me the dpd tracking number although obviously the tracking number doesn't work yet! Hopefully it will it turn up Friday.

That’s interesting, I didn’t know a tracking number was assigned before the stock was designated. 

Usually once an IMEI is assigned to a customer, this then auto generates a consignment/tracking number. 

Maybe you are are one of the lucky ones and stock has arrived early and you have a handset ready for dispatch.