Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 11, 11 Pro & 11 Pro Max

Benw18
5: Helper

So, who’s bit the bullet this year and pre-ordered the iPhone 11? 

Really suprised to see no threads open already, most years there is a very active thread! 

I went with 11 Pro Max, 256GB in Space Grey. It’s nice to see Vodafone catching up with its competitors and offering no-fee upgrades after 12 months... Actually the main selling point for me this time around as, if we believe the rumours, the 2020 iPhone ‘should be’ something very new. 

Interested to know how everyone else got on so far this year... All seems good for me, 2 confirmation emails and a text message within 5 minutes of confirming the order over the phone (actually made the order just before 13:00 on a Friday... surprising they accepted early orders)! 

1,095 REPLIES 1,095

I got the text account changes about 6pm last night. Online it said it was due for delivery on 13th September. Have just had an email from DPD to say it will be here between 4-5 today though, so who knows they may still be working through it.

Omg i must to be really lucky then... Iphone 11 pro max 256gb in midnight green ordered 14th around 4pm and I'm getting it today... Truth to be told two years ago I have pre ordered my iPhone x and was waiting 5 weeks for it to arrive... Feeling really sorry for rest which still has to wait...

My iPhone was delivered to my neighbour at 9.30 this morning as I had to pop out! The neighbour has now gone out and my phone is sat in their house :((((((  just had a notification to say my Apple Watch series 5 is with DPD too! 

Vodafone took the money from my bank instantly when I ordered mine so taking money out is no sign that it’s coming on time. 

They charged me straight away and the funds were deducted from my available balance on Friday but it was only yesterday evening that the funds actually left my bank

My funds were held and only taken last night also, so hopefully a good sign. No text re plan or email re DPD though.

Yesterday my tracking stated ‘Estimated Delivery 20th September’. Today has reverted to being blank. 

Its a really busy day for DPD and from past experience it can be late night/early hours (tomorrow) before anything is seen from Vodafone/DPD. Stock can arrive at various times through the day and night. Nobody outside of the operation can state when things will happen. All of the information Vodafone rely upon is from DPD as they provide the logistics solution (likewise for EE). No stock really arrives at Vodafone, it’s all held at various DPD distribution centres through the UK - although Hinckley (just down the road from me) is one of the main hubs (very handy as Syncreon - Apple’s main distributor is next door). 

I personally work in tranport and logistics so have an insight as to how these things work - but I don’t work for DPD, so no inside information I’m afraid. 

Patience is the name of the game, but I can assure you, apart from Vodafone confirming your order they won’t have any more information until DPD have assigned a handset (according to my latest email from Vodafone - first come first serve). 

My tracking says my order is at my local depot. Now it has changed to being delivered today between 11.27 - 12.27 

fingers crossed I receive the right order. 

@Saz2807 wrote:

My tracking says my order is at my local depot. Now it has changed to being delivered today between 11.27 - 12.27 

fingers crossed I receive the right order. 

Today?  It’s not released until tomorrow!

I asked Vodafone the same thing and was told it is correct. Not sure what will arrive.