main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

iPhone 11 Pro

4: Newbie

It all seems to have gone quiet on here about people receiving their new iPhone 11. I wonder if everyone has moved to EE. I ordered the iPhone 11 pro and have also been lied to on numerous occasions. I have been promised delivery and given Wong information. I got all excited when I got a notification from DPD to find it was just the SIM card. Does anyone know if there are any stock updates? Driving me insane now!!!

View more options
17 REPLIES 17
17: Community Champion

Hi @Mrsmoobs 

You are asking the wrong people. 

You should be asking Apple when they intend to send a shipment to Vodafone.  I wouldn't be surprised if EE have probably paid a considerable price to Apple to get priority stock, this ensures people move to EE to be able to get the phone.

Networks get little to almost no notification from Apple or any other manufacturer for when stock will be allocated, that is the reason Vodafone are unable to tell you anything definite, when stock comes in it will be allocated to orders on a first come first served basis with back orders fullfilled first.

However, keep your eye on the website, this will give an approximate indication of waiting time but this will be for new orders.

Fingers crossed you receive your order soon.

View more options

Thanks

View more options

Hi @Mrsmoobs 

This thread certainly makes interesting reading iOS/iPhone-11-11-Pro-amp-11-Pro-Max.

What I believe happens is Vodafone will request a number of iPhones from Apple.

Vodafone then start taking Pre Orders.

Now if those accepted pre orders outstrip the amount of units ordered by Vodafone from Apple then that is where the stock delays happen.

Possibly some Networks order more units than others.

All too easy to blame Apple in my opinion.

Apple wouldn't discuss business decisions between them and a network so I wouldn't waste your time trying !

Personally when I did use iPhones I always bought directly from the Apple Store.

People also  Network upgrade in Apple Stores too.

Stock updates are only available via customer services on 191 or Live Chat.

And the Vodafone Online Shop gives an expected delivery timescale too.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
Highlighted

Thank you, that’s very helpful!  I didn’t know you could do a network upgrade in the Apple store!!!

View more options

I mean the Apple Upgrade Programme @Mrsmoobs 

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options

Oh yes, I did know about that. Vodafone have just sent me another message to wait ten days!!!! I’ve already waited two weeks.  My current phone is on its last legs.  Where is the stock checker people mention?

View more options

The Vodafone Online Shop shows if a phone is available i.e in stock or in 1-2 weeks etc.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options

If the iPhone has been confirmed as Out Of Stock via customer services then an extreme option could be to cancel the online order via customer services and let your account reset back to what it was if this was an upgrade and then visit a Vodafone Highstreet Store to process the order if they themselves have available iPhones or go to somewhere like Carphone Warehouse and process it there. If you go via CPW you'll be their customer with Vodafone suppling the connection and collecting payment but certain discounts such as VEA isnt available if you go via an independent if relevant to you..

Don't let customer service advise you can't cancel an order that has an out of stock phone on it. You can indeed cancel.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options

Thank you, I’ll make some enquires

View more options

You're very welcome @Mrsmoobs 

Please let us know how you get on.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options

I will do, thank you. I checked stock and it looks like they’re all 1-2 weeks so judging by my wait I should get it this week. I spoke to Vodafone complaints team who said they’re expecting delivery on Tuesday and Thursday this week. He said a handset would be allocated to me from one of those deliveries so I hope that’s the case!!!

View more options
2: Seeker

I've had the same problems.

Ordered 11 Pro 256gb and told will be with me in 2 days, then up to two weeks and after two weeks a text to say an update on delivery info after another 2 weeks. Ironically i shattered my screen yesterday on my exisating phone, so do I wait indefinitely or switch to EE who have stock? Mmmmmmm?

Easy to blame Apple when its a simple mis-calculation at Vodafone with pre-ordering stock. Get rid of the people who sit in a warm office guessing the required stock levels and the people negotiating with Apple, or is it a 'big surprise' that people want the newst iphone??

Rubbish service and communication.

View more options

@Mrsmoobs wrote:

I will do, thank you. I checked stock and it looks like they’re all 1-2 weeks so judging by my wait I should get it this week. I spoke to Vodafone complaints team who said they’re expecting delivery on Tuesday and Thursday this week. He said a handset would be allocated to me from one of those deliveries so I hope that’s the case!!!

You're very welcome @Mrsmoobs  and I do hope your successful in being allocated an iPhone. 

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options

@APW67 wrote:

I've had the same problems.

Ordered 11 Pro 256gb and told will be with me in 2 days, then up to two weeks and after two weeks a text to say an update on delivery info after another 2 weeks. Ironically i shattered my screen yesterday on my exisating phone, so do I wait indefinitely or switch to EE who have stock? Mmmmmmm?

Easy to blame Apple when its a simple mis-calculation at Vodafone with pre-ordering stock. Get rid of the people who sit in a warm office guessing the required stock levels and the people negotiating with Apple, or is it a 'big surprise' that people want the newst iphone??

Rubbish service and communication.

@APW67  unfortunately I see this pretty much with every new Apple iPhone flagship launch.

Pre orders begin and then the waiting game happens for people to see if their Pre Order has had an iPhone allocated to it. 

Pre ordering does not guarantee an iPhone on launch so there are inevitable going to be people not have their order satisfied which is imo due to supply and demand.

Apple want as many units sold as possible wether it's to Networks or Apple Customers.

This pretty much happens with all the main UK networks ! 

If course you do have the option to switch networks and that's your prerogative but before signing up to an alternative network please do ensure the network your considering supplies adequate signal and data speeds where you Live, Work and commute. Every Network has not spots and fringe coverage.

Test by using a Payg sim card to test them out and not online signal checkers that only give an indication.

I hope Vodafone do look after you thus retain you as a customer.

On a side note when I did use iPhones I always used to visit my local Apple Store and purchase them directly so they were unlocked from the get go, and I had the iPhone of choice. I appreciate that's not an avenue for everyone as these things can be quite costly when purchasing direct at retail price !

I wish you all the best.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options

Absolute pain, sold my fine as order was "next day" now it's not in stock. No access to my banking / emails / security cameras / social media.   Disgusting to take orders that out strip stock

View more options

Im now at the 2 week mark after ordering with the website stating 1-2 weeks. Last update was on day 11 with the usual apology and they will be in touch in 10 days. 

People are more upset at being given false promises more than anything. If they said 4 weeks at checkout then so be it. But they don't because they are worried people will just jump to EE or wherever. If they told me 4 weeks I would have still ordered with Vodafone due to their unmatched roaming but even I as a most loyal customer, am tempted to switch. 

View more options

I wouldnt have sold my old phone if theyd been honest, its a nightmare ..struggling to access data, security etc as most things moved from desktop to handset..lesson learned..dont trust sales

View more options