main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

iPhone 12 Pro backorder

StuartKicks
4: Newbie

Hello

I've ordered 2 pro's.

One on 22.10.20 and the other 24.10.20

The first one has been giving me an expected delivery date of between 1-2 weeks, the second is 3-4 weeks.

Realistically how likely is it that I'm going to get that first iphone this week?

View more options
221 REPLIES 221
ROEY
3: Seeker

Hello

I preordered the pro 12 on 16/10/20 the very fist day you can preorder the handsets and still not got it! I also changed my broadband provider to these guys as well because it had the Apple TV included in the bundle......... still waiting! I hope you do manage to get your phone soon but in my experience delivery dates don’t mean what they say!

View more options
StuartKicks

Thanks for sharing your experience, it's quite frustrating all round.

View more options
StuartKicks

The 2nd phone I ordered is now also showing 1-2 weeks

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @StuartKicks, we don't have an update on our stock at the moment, but I can assure you that we're working hard with the manufacturer to get these brilliant devices out to our customers! Any updates we have will be sent out as soon as we have them. As soon as we know, you'll know 😊

View more options
StuartKicks

@Jack 

How does the back order tracking system work. Since I've ordered the status has been 1-2 weeks. Does that mean 1-2 weeks from today or 1-2 weeks from when I've ordered?

View more options
Pshaw97

Hi guys, 

Thought I’d chime in with my experience this year to help anyone who was in my position last week. 

I ordered my iPhone 12 pro 128gb in pacific blue the day after preorders opened which was a Saturday I believe. 

The day they released, the tracker changed to “order confirmed - back order” and estimated delivery was 1-2 weeks. 

The phone came exactly a week later, on the 30th October. So to answer the previous poster’s question, the tracker is from the day you ordered, not from the current day. Closer to my delivery date the tracker changed to a specific date, which then changed another two times before the phone eventually arrived. 

View more options
StuartKicks

That's awesome you got your phone! Hope you're enjoying it. You've given me a little hope I'll get mine this week

View more options
Evie

@Pshaw97  Great to hear you've had your phone delivered :Smart_Phone: You know where to find us if you need help with anything else!

@StuartKicks We are working on getting the new devices sent out as soon as possible! Keep an eye on your delivery tracker for any updates 👀 Let us know if it shows up soon!

View more options
StuartKicks

@Evie

Well... today was 2 weeks since ordering, no update and no phone. Can you have a look and give me a more realistic time frame? 

View more options
ROEY

Hi, StuartKicks. 

That’s something they can’t do. I preordered mine on 16/10/20 and went for the earliest delivery time on the 23/10/20 only to be told past the expected delivery time that I wasn’t getting it! All I’m getting now is “ we are working hard with the suppliers” 25 years I’ve been with you Vodafone I think as a loyal consumer of your franchise we deserve better than this. I get that it is difficult times but don’t tell us that we would be getting it on a certain day knowing full well that you couldn’t deliver! Its brand damaging!!

View more options
bcbuchanan

@ROEY and @StuartKicks

Would like to echo both of your sentiments. Pre-ordered the iPhone 12 Pro as an upgrade to my current handset on 18/10/2020. On the lead-up to release date the tracker was showing ‘Pre-order’ then it was changed to ‘Back Order - estimated delivery time 1-2 weeks’ once it was clear that it wouldn’t be arriving on the release date of the 23rd. No change since then, still showing 1-2 weeks.

Tried sitting patiently but really tempted to cancel the order now and go for either the standard iPhone 12 model or pre-order the iPhone 12 Pro Max through Apple direct tomorrow. Haven’t been with Vodafone as long as 25 years (have only been on Earth for just about that time!) but in the time I’ve been with them they’ve had plenty of money out of me. Understood that the stock issue is industry-wide as have seen complaints from EE and Sky customers also.

Can’t wait to receive another delayed email and text next Thursday.. heart skips a beat every time I get a text but it ends up being about Feel Good Friday or the British & Irish Lions tour 😂.

View more options
Pshaw97

I have my phone now (delivered a week late) and frankly I feel there's grounds for a class action lawsuit. 

There was promotional material on the website stating that if you preordered the phone before the 22nd October you would receive it on release day. I'm willing to bet not even half of the preorders got the phone on release day. 

I don't have the means or patience to launch a class action lawsuit but maybe someone who does should look into it because I bet it would be slam dunk. Vodafone outright lied to customers this year. 

View more options
ROEY

@Pshaw97

Great news. Can I just ask what phone you ordered?

View more options
Pshaw97

I ordered the iPhone 12 Pro 128GB in Pacific Blue on the 17th of October (one day after preorders opened) which I believe is the most in demand model at the moment. 

View more options
gstreet

Ordered mine on the 19th as they had my annual upgrade incorrect and needed to reset my contract start date, however I was told it would be delivered either launch day or on Monday, well guess what, it still has not arrived, although last week my order date said 29th October, then the next day updated to 30th October, then on the 30th it changed to 1-2 weeks, and its not changed since.

I had an online chat with VF this evening to be told, it will be delivered when they get stock, no ETA, can not say if it will be 1 week or 6 weeks, they have no idea what's going on.

Unfortunately it is the same message every year.

I like Vodafone, the price is very competitive, the perks are quite good and I've generally never had any problems with coverage, but when you have to contact customer services, unfortunately that's where things go wrong; as long as I only need to speak to them once a year for the upgrade then that's not too bad.

Good luck to everyone waiting!!

View more options
Mark

Hi all 👋 We’re very sorry the delivery of your iPhone has been delayed . We’re doing everything we can to get your new device to everyone  as soon as possible. Due to the extremely high demand, our suppliers haven’t been able to supply enough to cover all customers who have pre-ordered. This is an issue across the whole mobile industry.

All orders are processed on a first come first served basis where possible and we thank you for your patience at this time. We aim to keep everyone updated via email. If you've not received an email, be sure to check your spam/junk inbox for this.

View more options
London_112

Im honestly on the verge of cancelling this order. Its been weeks!. I ordered via live chat and was promised the phone by a specific day. Then when it did not arrive and I got “the email” I contacted live chat again, was told I would 100% have the phone by the 5th of november (he even said it would probably be before)...then a few days later I get another email!.

I waited on the phone for one hour to speak to customer service and the guy was so rude, had no answers, then on live chat again they pretend they hadnt lied to me!.

I understand that vodafone does not have the phones, but to keep lying to customers is ridiculous. Also the time scales are crazy and allover the place. You guys say 3-4 weeks on email and text. Then on here and over live chat you say “ohh it will be much sooner” . So whats the actual time scale??.

please please stop with the lies. People have alot going on at the moment and this phone probably means alot to them. 

View more options
bcbuchanan

Feel your pain mate. Just been looking on Amazon for phone cases (wishful thinking at this moment in time! Ha..) and out of curiosity thought I’d have a look to see if they had my model in stock (512GB Graphite). Can have one delivered next-day.. bit dis-heartening. Three weeks since I ordered mine now.

View more options
StuartKicks

Capture.PNG

So I'd love to know the black magic that goes into the estimated delivery date, the order I placed for my wife 2 days after the one pictured above started out at 3-4 weeks then changed to 2 weeks. But the 2 weeks has passed lol yeah I get there's a shortage but if you just said it would be 1 month I could live with that. It's the constant tease! I've got all my accessories from the Apple store just no phone as of yet.

Also someone above mentioned the support staff saying it'll be sooner, probably just say whatever to get us off the phone or chat session because they said the same to me.

View more options