Ask

Solution

iPhone 12 Pro backorder

StuartKicks
4: Newbie

Hello

I've ordered 2 pro's.

One on 22.10.20 and the other 24.10.20

The first one has been giving me an expected delivery date of between 1-2 weeks, the second is 3-4 weeks.

Realistically how likely is it that I'm going to get that first iphone this week?

221 REPLIES 221

I cancelled the upgrade last Wednesday and I'm still waiting on that before I can carry out the new upgrade.

Just been on live chat again and have been told it's down to be done by 23rd.  Also told that if the phone is showing as 2-3 days on the website it means they don't have any in stock but are expecting some in the next day (I'm taking that as another lie and they won't have them in until the new year). 

If one more lie surfaces I will be cancelling and moving to another provider.  They'll get my cancellation fee in 1-2 weeks...

Interesting. I don't think they will make it - considering they don't have stock...  I was looking for other versions and the blue 512 was 2-3 days while other 1-2 weeks.

Anyways ordered one from amazon. If amazon will arrive faster I will cancel my contract (have two lines) and go sim only plan - not sure which operator yet. If not I will claim compensation for delay or send back the phone.

This is very annoying. Obviously looks like its just 9 months until iPhone 13 will see the daylight - hopefully they will have stock of 12's before :Winking_smiley:

Looking elsewhere including Apple I can see that even the 512GB variants aren't expected until mid-late January.  I hope for VF sake that the 2-3 day window is accurate and they aren't putting out false advertising to keep getting sales.

Edit:

Just had an update, my upgrade (which I was persuaded to cancel and is due to be cancelled before end of 23rd) has now switched to 'Order Confirmed'.  This is getting beyond a joke now.

Super mega top trump update:

This latest cs agent is telling me I've been waiting this long because of UK government covid-19 policy.

They have cancelled my service request without my requesting to do so.

They have told me I will have my original phone order before Friday.

Hi all! 
i have been following this thread for sometime now.

I ordered an iPhone 12 pro 256gb graphite on the 12th nov. I happily waited the 4/5 weeks quoted until....

yesteray I called up Vodafone to upgrade another line on my account to the non pro iPhone 12 (which arrived today, less then 24hours after ordering) while speaking to the agent she was confused why I haven’t received my phone yet as ‘they have had stock come in multiple times..’ of course I was annoyed at this point. She couldn’t help me but told me to contact the complaints department.

I called them this morning and Agreed to cancel my upgrade as I have been waiting over 5 weeks and upgrade to the iPhone 12 pro 512gb blue for the same price. Just received the dpd text - the phone will arrive tomorrow. That’s less then 24 hours after ordering. 

That's good to hear.

As I mentioned above blue ones were about to deliver quickly. Graphite was the problem.

I just checked again and my status is back order however 1-2 weeks (which has been stuck on) has changed to estimated 24th December so definitely something is going on. Fingers crossed 🤞 

AB83EFF8-D0FA-47CE-9EDE-A4ABB448C49B.jpeg

Just received 2 texts from Vodafone, the first to tell me my entertainment pass is now expired, the second saying "We hope you're enjoying your new device".

Just checked my Vodafone app and they're charging me for the new contract since the start of December even though I won't be getting my new phone until the end.

I'm done with this.  I'm putting a complaint in and going to the trading standards authority.

Hello Everyone - just wanted to update you on my order. If you have been following this thread you seen my previous posts. So last update of my order I think I posted 2 days ago when my 1-2 weeks changed to estimated delivery by 24th Dec. Although device still was on backorder. Today I've received a call from Vodafone regarding my recent complaint for this order - he didn't know when my phone is about to be delivered and asked if I want to cancel - I wanted to wait few more days. At the same time I have checked my order again - I couldn't believe - status has changed to 4-5 weeks......

but

literally an 30 minutes ago I have received several texts from Vodafone that my entertainment package has ended followed by invitation to choose new entertainment package, so I did choose Spotify. 

I have checked my order again and I couldn't believe - it has been dispatched for tomorrow delivery (iPhone Pro 512gb Graphite). Looks like this year Santa is social distancing and sending gifts via DPD :Winking_smiley:

Screenshot 2020-12-23 at 20.27.26.png

Cancelling my contract and finding a deal with another provider.  I'd rather wait that bit longer than deal with the lies and being fobbed off for new customers and trade-ins.

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic content, please see Community Guidelines]

Hi guys.

so finally I got my phone in blacklisted after 2 weeks.. if any one has problems I spoke to a person from the customer relations team.

they are the highest of people you can speak to.. 

hopefully they compensate me for being on the phone to Vodafone over 2 weeks and total of 15 hours 😡.

London_112
4: Newbie

Im honestly on the verge of cancelling this order. Its been weeks!. I ordered via live chat and was promised the phone by a specific day. Then when it did not arrive and I got “the email” I contacted live chat again, was told I would 100% have the phone by the 5th of november (he even said it would probably be before)...then a few days later I get another email!.

I waited on the phone for one hour to speak to customer service and the guy was so rude, had no answers, then on live chat again they pretend they hadnt lied to me!.

I understand that vodafone does not have the phones, but to keep lying to customers is ridiculous. Also the time scales are crazy and allover the place. You guys say 3-4 weeks on email and text. Then on here and over live chat you say “ohh it will be much sooner” . So whats the actual time scale??.

please please stop with the lies. People have alot going on at the moment and this phone probably means alot to them.