Ask

Solution

iPhone 12 Pro backorder

StuartKicks
4: Newbie

Hello

I've ordered 2 pro's.

One on 22.10.20 and the other 24.10.20

The first one has been giving me an expected delivery date of between 1-2 weeks, the second is 3-4 weeks.

Realistically how likely is it that I'm going to get that first iphone this week?

221 REPLIES 221

Feel your pain mate. Just been looking on Amazon for phone cases (wishful thinking at this moment in time! Ha..) and out of curiosity thought I’d have a look to see if they had my model in stock (512GB Graphite). Can have one delivered next-day.. bit dis-heartening. Three weeks since I ordered mine now.

Capture.PNG

So I'd love to know the black magic that goes into the estimated delivery date, the order I placed for my wife 2 days after the one pictured above started out at 3-4 weeks then changed to 2 weeks. But the 2 weeks has passed lol yeah I get there's a shortage but if you just said it would be 1 month I could live with that. It's the constant tease! I've got all my accessories from the Apple store just no phone as of yet.

Also someone above mentioned the support staff saying it'll be sooner, probably just say whatever to get us off the phone or chat session because they said the same to me.

the support staff on live chat make up so much s##t, just to get a good rating so the problem can be passed onto the next person.

Vodafone as a whole needs to all be in line not all these mixed messages. Im not even that bothered about the phone now as the whole experience has been terrible.

I had an online chat session with customer services on Friday, trying to get an update, I was given all the it’s been very popular, etc, etc then after 6-7 mins into the chat,  when I asked a specific account question I was asked to confirm my pin, at this point I realised I was just wing given a load of rubbish information and the advisor had not actually looked at my account for any real information. 

I don’t mind being told 1-2 weeks with a real expectation., but when they are making it up just to appease me then that is wrong. 

Vodafone know exactly when they are scheduled to receive orders, exactly how many are due in each order, meaning they know exactly when my order is due to arrive, however it seems that they do not want to give me the correct information as there may be more important orders which come in which pushes me down the queue. That is what it feels like!!

id be very disappointed if I found out that vodafone didn’t have a scheduled delivery agreed with Apple, as this is how large companies manage their logistics, if it was adhoc, the company must be badly organised and the iPhone Product Manager needs replacing!!!

The situation is really bizarre atm tbh. I was told by the online agent that I will receive my phone by 4th Nov max. Still waiting for my status to be changed and no update.

Such a disaster 😕 and agents just lie to you.

For a laugh I'm going to check with an agent now and report back what they say lol

OMG, I got the best agent 'Jay' there now. Gave the expected that the phones were popular and said realistically will probably be waiting a further 4-6 weeks, which is a bummer but at least he's being honest. 

He segwayed nicely into an upsell straight after too :Laughing_Face:

10/10

Thanks for sharing mate, much appreciated. If that is the case then they need to update the order status on the tracker to reflect that!

Now considering other options as we speak.. cheers.

The agents said the same to me, and nothing. Its not even been updated, I expected atleast an update today. 

I mean this is vodafone and apple. Not someones mate getting phones from Turkey or even Tesco mobile. Logistically they MUST know when they are getting the phones and have specific dates for each user depending on when the order was made, its impossible that they dont.

I have 16 business phones with vodafone and Im going to cancel them as soon as the contract ends which is soon. Because this customer service is unacceptable.

Yeah they should really be updating the tracker, realistically the times should he increasing not decreasing like they have with me. Seeing the times decrease leads you to believe that progress is being made. 

I think they probably decrease them to make sure you don't cancel your orders with them.