Ask

Solution

iPhone 12 Pro backorder

StuartKicks
4: Newbie

Hello

I've ordered 2 pro's.

One on 22.10.20 and the other 24.10.20

The first one has been giving me an expected delivery date of between 1-2 weeks, the second is 3-4 weeks.

Realistically how likely is it that I'm going to get that first iphone this week?

221 REPLIES 221

Ordered 20th, got another update today saying that there’s no stock and no idea when it will be in. Next update in 10 working days. What a joke. 

I don’t believe that is Vodafone’s fault this time.

Apple just had issues with one of their manufacturer and they suspended them.

This might lead to delays.

Please see the article attached or search on google “ Apple Pegatron”.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/11/09/business/apple-china-pegatron.amp.html

Just got the email again! What a joke! 

Yet, Vodafone are still advertising the iPhone 12 Pro on their website with a 1-2 week delivery schedule. 

This begs the question, Are they prioritising new customer orders over upgrades?

Apple had phones available yesterday with collection available in some of their stores and if you order online it says delivery at the end of November.

I'm expecting my Dear Jon email tomorrow!!

My friend just got a dpd email that his iphone 12 pro is out for delivery tomorrow. How is this possible then I ordered my iphone 12 3 weeks ago? This is crazy. 

I raised a formal complaint with Vodafone today for miss selling practices and I recommend everyone else does the same. 

Similar to everyone on this thread, I was told by their selling team that if I place the order, it'll arrive in 1-2 weeks. It's now been 3 weeks and they're saying that they have no control over the timelines and cannot forecast when it'll be delivered. I find it ironic that prior to placing an order, they can give a date, but once they've got the order, they then state that they cannot provide a timeline. Clear evidence of miss selling and providing wrong information to customers in order to get them to purchase a product.

Ironically the same happened for the iPhone 11 Pro with Vodafone, which is why I raised the formal complaint.

Further information here: https://www.ofcom.org.uk/complaints/complain-about-phones-or-internet-services/the-way-a-service-was...

Thanks for this info going to do this right away. 

I've just finished talking to another person in Vodafone. After being told 2 days ago that I would 100% receive my phone this week, this person told me there's still not stock in the warehouse for me, that my order shows as "awaiting pick up", but that they don't know when they will have stock to send it to DPD.

She started saying the iPhone 12 Pro has a waiting time of 4-5 weeks, to later tell me because I pre-ordered it on the 16/10 I would probably get it by the end of next week because it has already been a month (apparently not because she had any information).

It is getting really tiring that they do not have a real answer and just keep confirming stuff when it is not true. I would rather have them tell me it's gonna take another month so I stop worrying about it, instead of telling me "Yeah, I can confirm you will get it this week" if it's not true. Not sure what they get by doing that.

For info, I ordered an iPhone 12 Pro (512GB Blue Pacific) the 16/10.

I ordered mine on the 18th. Pacific blue 128GB and spoke to a few people from Vodafone before the 23rd and everyone assured me there weren’t any stock issues and I would receive it on launch day. 3 weeks later and my phone still isn’t here, the tracker is stuck on just “order confirmed” since Tuesday. 

I also received the promo to win airpods and the portable charger compensation but still no sign of the phone.