Ask

Solution

iPhone 12 Pro backorder

StuartKicks
4: Newbie

Hello

I've ordered 2 pro's.

One on 22.10.20 and the other 24.10.20

The first one has been giving me an expected delivery date of between 1-2 weeks, the second is 3-4 weeks.

Realistically how likely is it that I'm going to get that first iphone this week?

221 REPLIES 221

@Whatacos I received the AirPods competition but no text for the compensation, although I've been offered the charger & screen cleaner via IM, and was told it would be included in my shipment, but reading your message I'm guessing that will not arrive now.

Vodafone are lying [Removed]

MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

@London_112 when did your friend order their phone?

they ordered the pro one day after release day, this month

I suspect everyone will be getting the portable charger. I was offered it too, I asked them to remove it because I have no need for one and will simply be placing it in the bin (creating waste which can be avoided). However, they said it's not possible to remove the portable charger. 

I do recommend everyone raises a formal complain with Vodafone, you'll then get a case manager and all communications are tracked. It gives you the opportunity to ask key questions like "why do you quote a timeline prior to a customer placing an order, but then say you have no controls over the timelines once an order has been placed".

How do I raise the formal complaint?

Sky customers seem to be getting more stock after reading their forum. 

weird how Vodafone can show 1-2 weeks if you order pacific blue 128gb now when we’ve all been waiting for weeks. Wish I bought from apple instead 

Spoke to an advisor today and he said "Realistically you are looking at a 4-5 week delay" for your iPhone 12 Pro Silver 256mb.

Ordered 1 week ago, when they promised the phone would be with me in 1 week. (I have the transcript)

Happy days people...

So...my update for today comes in two parts :).....

The good news for me, my phone is going to be delivered tomorrow.

The bad news.., Vodafone have screwed up my plan and have billed be £500+ for a Flexi upgrade, when its an Annual Upgrade and are also wanting to charge me more than 20% to what I was told and agreed on the phone when I placed the order. 1 hour on the phone to customer services and they have told they need to review the recordings of the call when I ordered my phone to check there was no mention of Flexi upgrade, because they don't seem to trust me although the text messages they can see include my trade in discount so it should be clear that it's part of the upgrade program.

My word, I wish things were simple when dealing with Vodafone, it's just so difficult to do an upgrade, it's their core business, they do it every day and 000's per year, they should be experts at it by now!!!

Good luck everyone, I hope your phones are dispatched in a reasonable timeframe and you don't have any similar problems!!!!

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear there's a delay with receiving your orders. We're working closely with the manufacturer and our suppliers to get these orders fulfilled ASAP. I can understand how frustrating this would be and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Regarding your upgrade @gstreet, the flexi-upgrade charge will be removed from your bill when we receive the iPhone you're trading in. If you'd like one of our team to check this and confirm everything's been set up correctly, pop us a private message through Facebook or Twitter, so we can take a look 👀