Ask

Solution

iPhone 12 Pro backorder

StuartKicks
4: Newbie

Hello

I've ordered 2 pro's.

One on 22.10.20 and the other 24.10.20

The first one has been giving me an expected delivery date of between 1-2 weeks, the second is 3-4 weeks.

Realistically how likely is it that I'm going to get that first iphone this week?

221 REPLIES 221

Stubbo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Wjadoon @StuartKicks @DCA @gstreet and @London_112,

I know how excited you all must be to get your hands on your new iPhones! We're working really hard with Apple to get stock in as soon as possible, then get it sent out to our customers. We really appreciate your patience - have a great week!

Hi @Stubbo

Thanks for your message. I'm one of the lucky ones who has actually received my phone, my issue now is the monthly cost of my plan is not was what was promised to me as someone at VF mucked up and quoted me & confirmed in text the wrong price. I was given the option to either return my phone 12 and go back to my original iPhone 11 or pay around £300 extra, so after some complaints and negotiations with CS, I've had to opt to may slightly more than what I signed up to. 

Just a bad experience of mis-selling by VF unfortunately!!

Mine was showing back order and also estimated delivery date of 25th November last night. Now it shows confirmed but no estimated date.

Looking at previous chat this change leads to a possible delivery. I have ordered the leather case from apple now hoping this will finally be the end of my misery but if Vodafone fails me again I will cancel both our contracts.

I'm at my wit's end with Vodafone and the sorry saga that this has become.

34 days after placing my order on October 22nd (12 Pro 128GB Sliver) nobody can tell me when I will get the phone. When I ordered delivery was 4-6 working days. That became 3-4 weeks, then 5-6 weeks, then 1-2 weeks, then 3-4 weeks again. A complete joke. Today I was told that my order might be "stuck" and that it may be quicker if I cancel but couldn't guarantee that it wouldn't take even longer. I'd also have to reorganise my plan and that may not be at the same price. What a disgrace.

If I have not had a real communication or update on when I will get the blasted phone by Friday I will be cancelling every Vodafone plan in my family (7 in total).

Words for the future, if you want any new iPhone then order directly from Apple. Vodafone are truly incompetent. They are unable to effectively manage stock, don't communicate and lie brazenly.

@Gummi

I would really recommend that you raise a complaint and as your order seems to now be stuck it may be worth getting the directors office involved as it seems that customer services are now at the point that they can't do anything. easiest way to contact the directors office is to email the UK CEO. https://www.vodafone.com/about/executive-committee firstname.surname (at) Vodafone com

Good luck!!

Did you guys get your phone yet? I have my iphone 12 max now (i was previously waiting the 12 pro) and the max is alot easier to use and better than expected!

@London112 when did you order your max? I ordered on the 14th (128gb silver pro max) and was told it would be 1-2 weeks as they were out of stock at that moment. The estimated delivery switched from 1-2 weeks a few days ago to the 25th November, then got a text saying they were still out of stock and they’d update in 10 working days, but now when I check tracking the estimated delivery date is the 27th but it still shows as order confirmed - back order.

This is so frustrating!

Hi there, I ordered on the 16th and it came on the 18th. Its the 250gb one, I was extremely lucky after waiting 4 weeks for the iphone 12 pro. To be honest im enjoying the size of the max more!.

@London_112 oh good to hear!

I checked the status earlier and saw the order status had changed to just ‘confirmed’ rather than ‘confirmed - back order’ so thought that was a good sign based on what I’ve read here and sure enough I got an email saying DPD will deliver tomorrow so I’m very excited- upgrading from an 8 so I’ll have lots to play around with it 😅

Incidentally when I ordered this (on the 14th) the woman said the wait for the pro was 6 weeks at that point! 

Hi All,

I ordered an IPhone 12 Pro 128G Pacific Blue on 13th Nov. Yesterday it showed the estimated delivery date as 1st Dec which was finally a glimpse of hope after it switching back and forth between 1-2 weeks and 3-4 weeks and reading the struggle of others here but now it shows 1-2 weeks again. I don’t quite understand how it can move backwards also if that 1-2 weeks is meant to be from now or from the time I placed the order. If the second then it should be here soon anyway.