Ask

Solution

iPhone 12 Pro backorder

StuartKicks
4: Newbie

Hello

I've ordered 2 pro's.

One on 22.10.20 and the other 24.10.20

The first one has been giving me an expected delivery date of between 1-2 weeks, the second is 3-4 weeks.

Realistically how likely is it that I'm going to get that first iphone this week?

221 REPLIES 221

Hi, StuartKicks. 

That’s something they can’t do. I preordered mine on 16/10/20 and went for the earliest delivery time on the 23/10/20 only to be told past the expected delivery time that I wasn’t getting it! All I’m getting now is “ we are working hard with the suppliers” 25 years I’ve been with you Vodafone I think as a loyal consumer of your franchise we deserve better than this. I get that it is difficult times but don’t tell us that we would be getting it on a certain day knowing full well that you couldn’t deliver! Its brand damaging!!

@ROEY and @StuartKicks

Would like to echo both of your sentiments. Pre-ordered the iPhone 12 Pro as an upgrade to my current handset on 18/10/2020. On the lead-up to release date the tracker was showing ‘Pre-order’ then it was changed to ‘Back Order - estimated delivery time 1-2 weeks’ once it was clear that it wouldn’t be arriving on the release date of the 23rd. No change since then, still showing 1-2 weeks.

Tried sitting patiently but really tempted to cancel the order now and go for either the standard iPhone 12 model or pre-order the iPhone 12 Pro Max through Apple direct tomorrow. Haven’t been with Vodafone as long as 25 years (have only been on Earth for just about that time!) but in the time I’ve been with them they’ve had plenty of money out of me. Understood that the stock issue is industry-wide as have seen complaints from EE and Sky customers also.

Can’t wait to receive another delayed email and text next Thursday.. heart skips a beat every time I get a text but it ends up being about Feel Good Friday or the British & Irish Lions tour 😂.

I have my phone now (delivered a week late) and frankly I feel there's grounds for a class action lawsuit. 

There was promotional material on the website stating that if you preordered the phone before the 22nd October you would receive it on release day. I'm willing to bet not even half of the preorders got the phone on release day. 

I don't have the means or patience to launch a class action lawsuit but maybe someone who does should look into it because I bet it would be slam dunk. Vodafone outright lied to customers this year. 

@Pshaw97

Great news. Can I just ask what phone you ordered?

I ordered the iPhone 12 Pro 128GB in Pacific Blue on the 17th of October (one day after preorders opened) which I believe is the most in demand model at the moment. 

Ordered mine on the 19th as they had my annual upgrade incorrect and needed to reset my contract start date, however I was told it would be delivered either launch day or on Monday, well guess what, it still has not arrived, although last week my order date said 29th October, then the next day updated to 30th October, then on the 30th it changed to 1-2 weeks, and its not changed since.

I had an online chat with VF this evening to be told, it will be delivered when they get stock, no ETA, can not say if it will be 1 week or 6 weeks, they have no idea what's going on.

Unfortunately it is the same message every year.

I like Vodafone, the price is very competitive, the perks are quite good and I've generally never had any problems with coverage, but when you have to contact customer services, unfortunately that's where things go wrong; as long as I only need to speak to them once a year for the upgrade then that's not too bad.

Good luck to everyone waiting!!

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all 👋 We’re very sorry the delivery of your iPhone has been delayed . We’re doing everything we can to get your new device to everyone  as soon as possible. Due to the extremely high demand, our suppliers haven’t been able to supply enough to cover all customers who have pre-ordered. This is an issue across the whole mobile industry.

All orders are processed on a first come first served basis where possible and we thank you for your patience at this time. We aim to keep everyone updated via email. If you've not received an email, be sure to check your spam/junk inbox for this.

Hey guys.

Thought I would share the lovely experience I’m having with Vodafone these last 2 days.

ordered my Apple iPhone 12 pro on gold on the 31st October 2020..

After waiting a very long time it decided to turn up on the 10 December 🤔🙄.

all being well I started the process of transferring all data and apps over from my old phone. 

only to realise that my sim in the new phone says NO SERVICE .. 🤔

tried another sim and had the same issue.

rang up Vodafone and got no where with the tech department.

later on in the day after hours of phone calls to Vodafone ,we find that the mew phone is BLACKLISTED🤣.

After speaking to the complaints department about this there answer to me was and I quote “ We don’t have another device in stock, we will put you on a waiting list which is currently sitting at 5-6 weeks / maybe more.”😡😡

So after waiting nearly two months for the phone in the first place and now probably another 2 months again I have cancelled the contract and all my business lines (18 lines ) with Vodafone and they lost a 15 year plus customer.

Not happy at all...

Woke up to an Email from Vodafone yay. 

unfortunately we have no stock blah blah blah we will email you in 10 days blah blah 

back in the dark I go 

After I cancelled the order yesterday as they said 5/6 more weeks 

I called again this Morning as they put a £800 plus charge on my account.

I explained to the complaints team what happened and his words were....

“ we could of just took the blacklist of and would of took 24/48hours “ 

this point I’m fummming 😡😡😡