Ask

Solution

iPhone 12 Pro backorder

StuartKicks
4: Newbie

Hello

I've ordered 2 pro's.

One on 22.10.20 and the other 24.10.20

The first one has been giving me an expected delivery date of between 1-2 weeks, the second is 3-4 weeks.

Realistically how likely is it that I'm going to get that first iphone this week?

221 REPLIES 221

So, first I did upgrade on the 16th November and cancelled 2 weeks after (iPhone 12 Pro 256GB graphite) as phone wasn't there and was hoping for a better deal. I did upgrade again on the 2nd December as I managed to get  iPhone 12 Pro 512GB graphite for the same money as the previous 256 hoping it will be less popular and I'll get it faster.

Obviously nothing arrived just yet aside of delay notifications. My order is confirmed backorder and for last two weeks it is showing the time 1-2 weeks.

Week ago I have ordered sim free iPhone Pro 256 from amazon. 0% 5x instalments.

Whoever will be faster will win the business. 

Whats annoying that my previous contract (XS max 256gb) has ended on the 5th December and I am being charged full value of the plan (around £62) but Vodafone committed to refund it once my new phone will arrive.

Screenshot 2020-12-12 at 19.39.52.png

Into the fifth week of waiting, no estimated delivery date on the order tracker, shocking.

I think the date disappearing is because that order status is a template which pulls back the date from some crazy database that isn't accurate at the moment (clearly).  I'd guess they've removed to stop newer customers doing what we've all done and query where the phone is once the date has passed.

I'm still super frustrated that I don't have the phone I was told would be 3-5 days and Vodafone could have 100% handled this differently but if you look at all the other providers you'll find it's the same story everywhere unless you're purchasing directly from Apple and some other places not that common to buy phones from (Amazon etc)

A word of warning to you still waiting, though.  It's becoming apparent that some orders are not only being sent out without an alert but are being delivered without any change to the order page at all.  Also during these days of contactless delivery, DPD are resorting to just driving off before even confirming if anyone is home (friend had an iPad left on his doorstep for the whole day two weeks ago as one example) so keep those ears alert for the doorbell!

I've just been browsing Twitter,  even more proof that Vodafone are prioritising new customers and trade-ins over those of us who are just doing upgrades.  Every iPhone 12 pro in every variant is drastically out of stock yet these customers are getting them within a few days (2 days is the quickest I've seen!).

We know it's because of the extra money but I'm going to go on live chat today and find out why they're doing this.  I might just take my money elsewhere.  It will mean more waiting but at least I'll get treated like a valued customer with another provider.

Thats not nice to make by Vodafone. - just so you know I am upgrading and trading in and I am already waiting over two weeks and my order tracked shows the same 1-2 weeks from the day of the upgrade. However I went to a live chat yesterday and he said within 2-3 days my phone will be delivered (iPhone 12 Pro graphite 512gb). Finers crossed it's not to good to be true. I think he just did simple math based on the estimated lead time. 

See below: 

Screenshot 2020-12-15 at 11.59.18.png

Just got off live chat and here it is in writing that I will be getting it before Christmas.

For time reference to your own orders: 

Ordered an iPhone 12 pro 256GB in Graphite on 26/11, no trade-ins, existing customer.

JB_magoo_1-1608036557274.png

Also it may look a bit hostile in this snippet but I can assure you that Mayank and I were having a nice chat before and after this.  I don't see the point in treating customer service badly, the company's bad practices aren't their fault.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey everyone! Thank you for your ongoing patience with us, I appreciate this should be an exciting time, getting a new phone, and waiting can be very frustrating.

I can assure you were are working with the manufacturers to get stock allocated and dispatched as soon as possible 😊

And we'll keep you updated every step of the way via text and/or email! If you would like us to double check the status of the orders for you, please get in contact with us on social media

So as you can see above chat member assured me that phone will be shipped in 2-3 days. Following day another chat member said 1-2 weeks. I don't think they really know. I filed complain as this is not acceptable (but real).

See below.

Screenshot 2020-12-16 at 13.43.36.png

Just received my latest 10 day alert from Vodafone:

"Unfortunately, the manufacturer hasn't confirmed when they'll be sending additional stock to us, but we'll get in touch as soon as they do."

Which is a direct contradiction of what I was told yesterday.

Cancelling my contract and finding a deal with another provider.  I'd rather wait that bit longer than deal with the lies and being fobbed off for new customers and trade-ins.

Not that VF will care or do anything about it.  At best I reckon I'll just get another template reply saying it should be an exciting time and to check stock through live chat, get told a few days, not get order, complain, repeat ad infinitum.

I’m due to receive my phone tomorrow.

12 Pro Graphite 128GB 

ordered 13/11