main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

iPhone 12 Pro backorder

Touc
2: Seeker

Hi I’ve been keeping an eye on this thread for a while now. I ordered my iPhone 12 pro 128gb silver on the 21/10. I have had the order confirmed page for just over a week now and for the past few weeks on the live chat they keep dying you should receive your phone in the next week or so. Somehow I don’t believe them

View more options
Gummi
3: Seeker

I'm in exactly the same position. I ordered the exact same phone as you 1 day after. Vodafone refuse to say when I'll get it. They told me "up to 40 days or by 25th December". Umm, OK, not sure how that works...

I ordered one from Apple a while ago as a contingency for delivery by the 21st. I've now been billed and its preparing for dispatch. I think I'll probably keep and and cancel everything Vodafone. I'm done this this garbage. 

View more options
Touc

It’s frustrating isn’t it. When I ordered the phone I wasn’t aware of any delays or that the phone wasn’t even in stock. I did ask if I could upgrade to the Pro Max and they said there was a 6-4 day wait on them but they would have to cancel my current order until they could process the Max but I would be better off waiting a few days as I might get the pro soon. That was two weeks ago

View more options
StuartKicks
4: Newbie

Silver 128

ordered 24.10.20

status: confirmed since 04.12.20 but no shipping information

View more options
Gummi

Still no sign of my silver 128 today. However the contingency one I ordered from apple is arriving today 10 days ahead of schedule. Once I have it I will be cancelling my Vodafone order! What a saga... I'll need to decide whether I renew my sim only plan to a 5G one or move to EE. 

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @StuartKicks Ordering a new phone should be an exciting time, and we'd love to get you an update! If you'd like to pop our brilliant Social Media team a message here, we'll speak to our warehouse for you.

View more options
Soundwaveable

Just to let you guys know my gold 128gb pro came today although the order status still says confirmed but not sent for some reason hope you all get yours soon too

View more options
StuartKicks

So I contacted Vodafone on Facebook messenger as advised.

Atlanta says that even though my order status has changed from back order to confirmed, it’s still actually back ordered and Vodafone do this so that I know they’ve received my order????

Text below...

Atlanta said;

So the order has been confirmed by us but we still have it on back order. Once we have it in stock you'll get a message letting you know followed by when we're going to be delivering it 😊 Atlanta

I can't give you a date I'm afraid, we're waiting on stock from Apple. The confirmation in the screenshot you've sent me is just confirming the order has been placed, every customer gets confirmation even if it's on back order to let them know the order has been placed. Atlanta

==========================

So I’ve already went through this process, it’s confirmed back order, then it changes to confirmed and a few days later you get the phone. I imagine something has went wrong with my 2nd phone?

View more options
Gummi

The phone I ordered from Apple arrived today, 10 days ahead of the advertised date. I’ve cancelled my Vodafone upgrade. Never again will I try to order a phone from Vodafone. Total incompetence.

I wish those of you hanging in luck! The phone really is phenomenal. A stratospheric upgrade from my old Honor 10!

View more options
Hemzz3329

Hey guys.

Thought I would share the lovely experience I’m having with Vodafone these last 2 days.

ordered my Apple iPhone 12 pro on gold on the 31st October 2020..

After waiting a very long time it decided to turn up on the 10 December 🤔🙄.

all being well I started the process of transferring all data and apps over from my old phone. 

only to realise that my sim in the new phone says NO SERVICE .. 🤔

tried another sim and had the same issue.

rang up Vodafone and got no where with the tech department.

later on in the day after hours of phone calls to Vodafone ,we find that the mew phone is BLACKLISTED🤣.

After speaking to the complaints department about this there answer to me was and I quote “ We don’t have another device in stock, we will put you on a waiting list which is currently sitting at 5-6 weeks / maybe more.”😡😡

So after waiting nearly two months for the phone in the first place and now probably another 2 months again I have cancelled the contract and all my business lines (18 lines ) with Vodafone and they lost a 15 year plus customer.

Not happy at all...

View more options
Touc

Woke up to an Email from Vodafone yay. 

unfortunately we have no stock blah blah blah we will email you in 10 days blah blah 

back in the dark I go 

View more options
Hemzz3329

After I cancelled the order yesterday as they said 5/6 more weeks 

I called again this Morning as they put a £800 plus charge on my account.

I explained to the complaints team what happened and his words were....

“ we could of just took the blacklist of and would of took 24/48hours “ 

this point I’m fummming 😡😡😡

View more options
medialook

So, first I did upgrade on the 16th November and cancelled 2 weeks after (iPhone 12 Pro 256GB graphite) as phone wasn't there and was hoping for a better deal. I did upgrade again on the 2nd December as I managed to get  iPhone 12 Pro 512GB graphite for the same money as the previous 256 hoping it will be less popular and I'll get it faster.

Obviously nothing arrived just yet aside of delay notifications. My order is confirmed backorder and for last two weeks it is showing the time 1-2 weeks.

Week ago I have ordered sim free iPhone Pro 256 from amazon. 0% 5x instalments.

Whoever will be faster will win the business. 

Whats annoying that my previous contract (XS max 256gb) has ended on the 5th December and I am being charged full value of the plan (around £62) but Vodafone committed to refund it once my new phone will arrive.

Screenshot 2020-12-12 at 19.39.52.png

View more options
Kanyestatt

Into the fifth week of waiting, no estimated delivery date on the order tracker, shocking.

View more options
JB_magoo

I think the date disappearing is because that order status is a template which pulls back the date from some crazy database that isn't accurate at the moment (clearly).  I'd guess they've removed to stop newer customers doing what we've all done and query where the phone is once the date has passed.

I'm still super frustrated that I don't have the phone I was told would be 3-5 days and Vodafone could have 100% handled this differently but if you look at all the other providers you'll find it's the same story everywhere unless you're purchasing directly from Apple and some other places not that common to buy phones from (Amazon etc)

A word of warning to you still waiting, though.  It's becoming apparent that some orders are not only being sent out without an alert but are being delivered without any change to the order page at all.  Also during these days of contactless delivery, DPD are resorting to just driving off before even confirming if anyone is home (friend had an iPad left on his doorstep for the whole day two weeks ago as one example) so keep those ears alert for the doorbell!

View more options
JB_magoo

I've just been browsing Twitter,  even more proof that Vodafone are prioritising new customers and trade-ins over those of us who are just doing upgrades.  Every iPhone 12 pro in every variant is drastically out of stock yet these customers are getting them within a few days (2 days is the quickest I've seen!).

We know it's because of the extra money but I'm going to go on live chat today and find out why they're doing this.  I might just take my money elsewhere.  It will mean more waiting but at least I'll get treated like a valued customer with another provider.

View more options
medialook

Thats not nice to make by Vodafone. - just so you know I am upgrading and trading in and I am already waiting over two weeks and my order tracked shows the same 1-2 weeks from the day of the upgrade. However I went to a live chat yesterday and he said within 2-3 days my phone will be delivered (iPhone 12 Pro graphite 512gb). Finers crossed it's not to good to be true. I think he just did simple math based on the estimated lead time. 

See below: 

Screenshot 2020-12-15 at 11.59.18.png

View more options
JB_magoo

Just got off live chat and here it is in writing that I will be getting it before Christmas.

For time reference to your own orders: 

Ordered an iPhone 12 pro 256GB in Graphite on 26/11, no trade-ins, existing customer.

JB_magoo_1-1608036557274.png

Also it may look a bit hostile in this snippet but I can assure you that Mayank and I were having a nice chat before and after this.  I don't see the point in treating customer service badly, the company's bad practices aren't their fault.

View more options
Evie

Hey everyone! Thank you for your ongoing patience with us, I appreciate this should be an exciting time, getting a new phone, and waiting can be very frustrating.

I can assure you were are working with the manufacturers to get stock allocated and dispatched as soon as possible 😊

And we'll keep you updated every step of the way via text and/or email! If you would like us to double check the status of the orders for you, please get in contact with us on social media

View more options
medialook

So as you can see above chat member assured me that phone will be shipped in 2-3 days. Following day another chat member said 1-2 weeks. I don't think they really know. I filed complain as this is not acceptable (but real).

See below.

Screenshot 2020-12-16 at 13.43.36.png

View more options