Ask

Solution

iPhone 12 Pro backorder

StuartKicks
4: Newbie

Hello

I've ordered 2 pro's.

One on 22.10.20 and the other 24.10.20

The first one has been giving me an expected delivery date of between 1-2 weeks, the second is 3-4 weeks.

Realistically how likely is it that I'm going to get that first iphone this week?

221 REPLIES 221

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm glad to hear you've received your new phone @Eddie05 and @ArtemisClyde! I'm sorry to hear you're still waiting your orders @Gummi and @JB_magoo, we're still working with our suppliers to fulfil our outstanding orders and I'm sure you'll have your new phones shortly. Thank you for your patience whilst we're working on this.

Vodafone can I ask why someone that ordered 21 days after me got the exact same phone after only two weeks whilst I’m around 6 weeks waiting and still not got mine, I ordered 1/11/2020 and still got a 1-2 week wait which has been on 1-2 weeks for about 3 weeks

From reading around twitter it appears that customers who had iPhones to trader in are getting their new 12s much sooner than the rest of us. Vodafone just interested in making a quick buck reselling the traded in phones. Here I am 47 days after placing my order and I've still not got a phone... 

@Routlem I know two people who upgraded to the same phone as me just last week and already have the phones, and a new customer who went for the 128GB in Graphite at the same time.  There is definitely some sort of priority going on here.

Also I've noticed that this morning the notice about trying to get stock and the estimated delivery time has simply been deleted. 

I know it's not VF fault that there is a world shortage of iPhones, but lying to customers simply not acceptable, also you have these poor media team workers who have to deal with us but aren't allowed to give any decent information. 

I just want a clear picture of what's going on, no more of this bizarre provider/customer cloak and dagger.  I'll be going on live chat today and if I can't get a comprehensive answer of the situation I'll be cancelling the order and the contract.

livechat.jpg

Well there you have it, folks.  Doesn't matter what you ordered btw, just after this I was told all iPhone 12 pros in all colour and storage will be out of stock until then.

Your post says "Image to be moderated". What does it say? 

It's just a screenshot of the live chat agent telling me it will be in stock on 22nd December.  I'm still in a live chat with a manager at the moment.  They've just told me it will be in stock in 10 days (something doesn't add up there). 

So realistically I'm not expecting to get it this year.  In all fairness it's the same situation everywhere unless you get lucky (for instance my mate ordered a 128GB blue from Apple 2 days after me with a delivery date of 21st but got it yesterday) then it's just a waiting game.  Now I "know" the situation I can get on with other things.

Update while I'm still in live chat:

Manager is now telling me the delivery dates are different for alternate colours etc 🤔

Completely agree, I also have no estimated delivery time now, it’s been four weeks since I ordered, unbelievably poor service 

In fairness it's the same all over the world in regards to delivery times.  It's the conflicting info I'm getting that's frustrating, I can handle a wait.

According to live chat they're now saying they should get a delivery on friday or monday and send them out then