main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

iPhone 12 Pro backorder

JB_magoo
4: Newbie

Just received my latest 10 day alert from Vodafone:

"Unfortunately, the manufacturer hasn't confirmed when they'll be sending additional stock to us, but we'll get in touch as soon as they do."

Which is a direct contradiction of what I was told yesterday.

Cancelling my contract and finding a deal with another provider.  I'd rather wait that bit longer than deal with the lies and being fobbed off for new customers and trade-ins.

Not that VF will care or do anything about it.  At best I reckon I'll just get another template reply saying it should be an exciting time and to check stock through live chat, get told a few days, not get order, complain, repeat ad infinitum.

View more options
Kanyestatt
2: Seeker

I’m due to receive my phone tomorrow.

12 Pro Graphite 128GB 

ordered 13/11

View more options
Hemzz3329
3: Seeker

Make sure it’s not blacklisted like my came on the 10th. 😂😂😂
which after numerous calls to VF hours and hours of my time still today...

still blacklisted 😡😡

View more options
Touc

I’ve literally just had an email offering me an early upgrade in time for Christmas. They taking the mickey 

View more options
gstreet

It’s absolutely shocking behaviour from Vodafone, since I got my phone a few weeks ago, I’m still having issues with Vodafone Customer services, I’ve raised issues and they don’t take any notice. 

customer services at Vodafone are not great, it’s my belief that they tell you what you want to hear rather than the truth, the training they are given can’t be very good as the messages you get differ depending who you speak to. 

I don’t blame you for looking elsewhere, after all Vodafone have only been selling mobile phones for more that 25 years, you would have thought they’d be quite good at it by now!!

good luck!!

View more options
JB_magoo

Tell you what, that was a rough 3.5 hours on live chat!

To sum it up, spoke to a manager who confirmed what we all suspected.  There is no date for when the next batch of 256GB graphite come into stock, he said they literally have no idea and they're still struggling to fulfill the pre-orders. 

I have now cancelled my upgrade, and managed to get the 512GB in another colour for the same price as a trade-in customer without giving them a phone.  Looks like only the 512 variants are in stock so once the cancellation goes through I'll be sent one of those.   Will keep you all updated!

View more options
medialook

I've also cancelled my 256 and have gotten 512 fir the same price. Spoke to managers etc and waiting over 2 weeks now 

View more options
medialook

@jb_Magoo

just to make sure - you've got a trade in offer but you're not required to give them your phone? I had that in the past due to delay just want to double check if this is what they given you now. 

View more options
JB_magoo

@medialook  Just to clarify,  it wasn't mentioned that I was being given a trade-in price. I was just given their best offer and happen to know that this is what people who are trading in get. 

Looking at what you've said above I can confirm that the manager I spoke to said there appears to be an issue with graphite overall, which is why I've now opted for a different colour (it'll live in a case anyway).

I have to wait for my cancellation message before confirming the upgrade but I have the guy's internal identifier and the offer in writing so it'll be done straight away when I'm ready.   Also as one last boot in the youknowwhats the system is being a bit weird and I may have to wait up to 4 days for my cancellation request to go through 😂

View more options
medialook

@JB_magoo

ok thanks for clarifying - that's how I understood your post 

Screenshot 2020-12-17 at 09.45.25.png

View more options
gstreet

I echo the concerns, I was quoted a price for my upgrade and the cost/month, this was basically a discount on the tariff and the £15 trade in, when my phone was delivered I was told they could not include the trade in as it was a combined offer so wanted to charge me £15/month more than they quoted me.

I raised the issue to the UK CEO and managed to come to an agreement with Vodafone of what to pay each month, it is still £2.10/month more than I signed up to.

So, just beware, if you do end up in a similar situation, make sure you escalate!!!

View more options
medialook

Hello Everyone,

just checking if anyone from this thread have received the  iPhone? 

View more options
JB_magoo

I cancelled the upgrade last Wednesday and I'm still waiting on that before I can carry out the new upgrade.

Just been on live chat again and have been told it's down to be done by 23rd.  Also told that if the phone is showing as 2-3 days on the website it means they don't have any in stock but are expecting some in the next day (I'm taking that as another lie and they won't have them in until the new year). 

If one more lie surfaces I will be cancelling and moving to another provider.  They'll get my cancellation fee in 1-2 weeks...

View more options
medialook

Interesting. I don't think they will make it - considering they don't have stock...  I was looking for other versions and the blue 512 was 2-3 days while other 1-2 weeks.

Anyways ordered one from amazon. If amazon will arrive faster I will cancel my contract (have two lines) and go sim only plan - not sure which operator yet. If not I will claim compensation for delay or send back the phone.

This is very annoying. Obviously looks like its just 9 months until iPhone 13 will see the daylight - hopefully they will have stock of 12's before :Winking_smiley:

View more options
JB_magoo

Looking elsewhere including Apple I can see that even the 512GB variants aren't expected until mid-late January.  I hope for VF sake that the 2-3 day window is accurate and they aren't putting out false advertising to keep getting sales.

Edit:

Just had an update, my upgrade (which I was persuaded to cancel and is due to be cancelled before end of 23rd) has now switched to 'Order Confirmed'.  This is getting beyond a joke now.

Super mega top trump update:

This latest cs agent is telling me I've been waiting this long because of UK government covid-19 policy.

They have cancelled my service request without my requesting to do so.

They have told me I will have my original phone order before Friday.

View more options
Cjg9

Hi all! 
i have been following this thread for sometime now.

I ordered an iPhone 12 pro 256gb graphite on the 12th nov. I happily waited the 4/5 weeks quoted until....

yesteray I called up Vodafone to upgrade another line on my account to the non pro iPhone 12 (which arrived today, less then 24hours after ordering) while speaking to the agent she was confused why I haven’t received my phone yet as ‘they have had stock come in multiple times..’ of course I was annoyed at this point. She couldn’t help me but told me to contact the complaints department.

I called them this morning and Agreed to cancel my upgrade as I have been waiting over 5 weeks and upgrade to the iPhone 12 pro 512gb blue for the same price. Just received the dpd text - the phone will arrive tomorrow. That’s less then 24 hours after ordering. 

View more options
medialook

That's good to hear.

As I mentioned above blue ones were about to deliver quickly. Graphite was the problem.

I just checked again and my status is back order however 1-2 weeks (which has been stuck on) has changed to estimated 24th December so definitely something is going on. Fingers crossed 🤞 

AB83EFF8-D0FA-47CE-9EDE-A4ABB448C49B.jpeg

View more options
JB_magoo

Just received 2 texts from Vodafone, the first to tell me my entertainment pass is now expired, the second saying "We hope you're enjoying your new device".

Just checked my Vodafone app and they're charging me for the new contract since the start of December even though I won't be getting my new phone until the end.

I'm done with this.  I'm putting a complaint in and going to the trading standards authority.

View more options
medialook

Hello Everyone - just wanted to update you on my order. If you have been following this thread you seen my previous posts. So last update of my order I think I posted 2 days ago when my 1-2 weeks changed to estimated delivery by 24th Dec. Although device still was on backorder. Today I've received a call from Vodafone regarding my recent complaint for this order - he didn't know when my phone is about to be delivered and asked if I want to cancel - I wanted to wait few more days. At the same time I have checked my order again - I couldn't believe - status has changed to 4-5 weeks......

but

literally an 30 minutes ago I have received several texts from Vodafone that my entertainment package has ended followed by invitation to choose new entertainment package, so I did choose Spotify. 

I have checked my order again and I couldn't believe - it has been dispatched for tomorrow delivery (iPhone Pro 512gb Graphite). Looks like this year Santa is social distancing and sending gifts via DPD :Winking_smiley:

Screenshot 2020-12-23 at 20.27.26.png

View more options
AbrishNoor

Cancelling my contract and finding a deal with another provider.  I'd rather wait that bit longer than deal with the lies and being fobbed off for new customers and trade-ins.

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic content, please see Community Guidelines]

View more options