main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

iPhone 12 Pro backorder

London_112
4: Newbie

the support staff on live chat make up so much s##t, just to get a good rating so the problem can be passed onto the next person.

Vodafone as a whole needs to all be in line not all these mixed messages. Im not even that bothered about the phone now as the whole experience has been terrible.

View more options
gstreet

I had an online chat session with customer services on Friday, trying to get an update, I was given all the it’s been very popular, etc, etc then after 6-7 mins into the chat,  when I asked a specific account question I was asked to confirm my pin, at this point I realised I was just wing given a load of rubbish information and the advisor had not actually looked at my account for any real information. 

I don’t mind being told 1-2 weeks with a real expectation., but when they are making it up just to appease me then that is wrong. 

Vodafone know exactly when they are scheduled to receive orders, exactly how many are due in each order, meaning they know exactly when my order is due to arrive, however it seems that they do not want to give me the correct information as there may be more important orders which come in which pushes me down the queue. That is what it feels like!!

id be very disappointed if I found out that vodafone didn’t have a scheduled delivery agreed with Apple, as this is how large companies manage their logistics, if it was adhoc, the company must be badly organised and the iPhone Product Manager needs replacing!!!

View more options
lazivity
3: Seeker

The situation is really bizarre atm tbh. I was told by the online agent that I will receive my phone by 4th Nov max. Still waiting for my status to be changed and no update.

Such a disaster 😕 and agents just lie to you.

View more options
StuartKicks

For a laugh I'm going to check with an agent now and report back what they say lol

View more options
StuartKicks

OMG, I got the best agent 'Jay' there now. Gave the expected that the phones were popular and said realistically will probably be waiting a further 4-6 weeks, which is a bummer but at least he's being honest. 

He segwayed nicely into an upsell straight after too :Laughing_Face:

10/10

View more options
bcbuchanan

Thanks for sharing mate, much appreciated. If that is the case then they need to update the order status on the tracker to reflect that!

Now considering other options as we speak.. cheers.

View more options
London_112

The agents said the same to me, and nothing. Its not even been updated, I expected atleast an update today. 

I mean this is vodafone and apple. Not someones mate getting phones from Turkey or even Tesco mobile. Logistically they MUST know when they are getting the phones and have specific dates for each user depending on when the order was made, its impossible that they dont.

I have 16 business phones with vodafone and Im going to cancel them as soon as the contract ends which is soon. Because this customer service is unacceptable.

View more options
StuartKicks

Yeah they should really be updating the tracker, realistically the times should he increasing not decreasing like they have with me. Seeing the times decrease leads you to believe that progress is being made. 

I think they probably decrease them to make sure you don't cancel your orders with them.

View more options
gstreet

It’s quite simple for Vodafone really, all they need to do is be honest with their customers, we all know the devices are in demand, we just want to know where we stand. If Vodafone didn’t order enough and are trying to get more we should know, just set a realistic expectation, not sending standard messages which go out saying we will update you in 4 days, 10 days, etc, etc. 

Not knowing or being kept in the dark is the worst experience for everyone and just makes the whole experience painful for all of us.

My order tracker says 1-2 weeks delivery which has passed, now I’m just being told to wait, it’s not good enough!

VODAFONE BE HONEST WITH YOUR CUSTOMERS PLEASE!!

View more options
London_112

Its time we all jumped on over to another network as this one is taking the ##~## out of us all. Its not like its something for free

View more options
bcbuchanan

Have bitten the bullet and cancelled my order/upgrade. Contract finishes in January so will purchase an unlocked model and see from there. Had enough of being messed around, even the live chat agreed that the status was stuck 😂

bcbuchanan_0-1604930204589.jpeg

View more options
lazivity

Had wasted another hour chatting with the agent and in the end, he told me that I would receive my phone delivery details within 10 days which I hardly think is true... I'm sure he was talking about a delivery update msg which Vodafone sends rather than actual delivery details.

Now I'm regretting my decision to upgrade with Vodafone 😕

View more options
ROEY

just wondering when they are releasing the iPhone 13 and am I likely to get it before my iPhone 12 pro? 🤪🤣

View more options
London_112

They should give everyone a discount for the wait, its ridiculous

View more options
bcbuchanan

Think the straw that broke the camel’s back for me was the fact that folk who pre-ordered the Pro Max last Friday could receive their phone this Friday before any of us had even received our handsets. Have gone and ordered the standard iPhone 12 elsewhere instead, would’ve liked the extra 2GB ram but I’ll live without.

View more options
krj
2: Seeker

My '1-2 week' estimation has disappeared, has this happened to anyone else? I ordered my iPhone on the 17th October and it still has not arrived...

View more options
Pshaw97

Hey, 

that happened to me just before they shipped my phone. You should expect yours in 1-2 days. Enjoy! 

View more options
Pshaw97

I should mention - the “order confirmed - back order” disappeared and was replaced with “order confirmed” only. If this has happened with yours then yours is ready to ship 

View more options
krj

Ah that's awesome! Thank you so much :Smiling:

View more options
krj

Yeah that's exactly what has happened 

View more options