main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

iPhone 12 Pro backorder

krj
2: Seeker

That means your phone will be with you in the next 2 days! Enjoy!!! Mine did the same 2 days ago and my phone arrived this morning 

View more options
gstreet
4: Newbie

I was hoping the same, but my status changed 2 days ago too, still no update and VF have no update either, they say its still on order with apple.

View more options
MiriamCarapan
3: Seeker

@gstreet

I am the same. My order changed to confirmed on Monday, and I was told my phone would be here this week, but I am still waiting for it and nothing, and there is no expected date anymore, so not sure what's going to happen with it. A bit more information would be great.

Also, I received the SMS about the Airpods competition where I need to send an SMS from my "new" iPhone... What a joke.

View more options
Wjadoon

Ordered mine on 20 October and it still shows back order and 3-4 weeks. Have chatted with Vodafone on facebook and online chat but no use they have no idea what's going on and no way for them to check when to expect stock. I. If I don't hear anything by end of this week I will cancel. Its going to be 4 weeks since I ordered.

View more options
Crxin

3F081606-72DD-4E99-A9BA-E68256CD3A35.png

So I ordered mine on the 18th and quite frankly I think this whole thing is a joke it went from 5-6 weeks to 1-2 weeks then back to 5-6 weeks and finally it’s been on 1-2 weeks for past week, pretty shocking a company of this size in the phone industry under estimated how many people were going to order the 12 pro, pretty disappointing, will most likely be cancelling my contract after this one is over if it ever arrives 

View more options
Wjadoon

Ordered 20th, got another update today saying that there’s no stock and no idea when it will be in. Next update in 10 working days. What a joke. 

View more options
DCA

I don’t believe that is Vodafone’s fault this time.

Apple just had issues with one of their manufacturer and they suspended them.

This might lead to delays.

Please see the article attached or search on google “ Apple Pegatron”.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/11/09/business/apple-china-pegatron.amp.html

View more options
London_112

Just got the email again! What a joke! 

View more options
gstreet

Yet, Vodafone are still advertising the iPhone 12 Pro on their website with a 1-2 week delivery schedule. 

This begs the question, Are they prioritising new customer orders over upgrades?

Apple had phones available yesterday with collection available in some of their stores and if you order online it says delivery at the end of November.

I'm expecting my Dear Jon email tomorrow!!

View more options
London_112

My friend just got a dpd email that his iphone 12 pro is out for delivery tomorrow. How is this possible then I ordered my iphone 12 3 weeks ago? This is crazy. 

View more options
donkey388

I raised a formal complaint with Vodafone today for miss selling practices and I recommend everyone else does the same. 

Similar to everyone on this thread, I was told by their selling team that if I place the order, it'll arrive in 1-2 weeks. It's now been 3 weeks and they're saying that they have no control over the timelines and cannot forecast when it'll be delivered. I find it ironic that prior to placing an order, they can give a date, but once they've got the order, they then state that they cannot provide a timeline. Clear evidence of miss selling and providing wrong information to customers in order to get them to purchase a product.

Ironically the same happened for the iPhone 11 Pro with Vodafone, which is why I raised the formal complaint.

Further information here: https://www.ofcom.org.uk/complaints/complain-about-phones-or-internet-services/the-way-a-service-was...

View more options
Billybb

Thanks for this info going to do this right away. 

View more options
MiriamCarapan

I've just finished talking to another person in Vodafone. After being told 2 days ago that I would 100% receive my phone this week, this person told me there's still not stock in the warehouse for me, that my order shows as "awaiting pick up", but that they don't know when they will have stock to send it to DPD.

She started saying the iPhone 12 Pro has a waiting time of 4-5 weeks, to later tell me because I pre-ordered it on the 16/10 I would probably get it by the end of next week because it has already been a month (apparently not because she had any information).

It is getting really tiring that they do not have a real answer and just keep confirming stuff when it is not true. I would rather have them tell me it's gonna take another month so I stop worrying about it, instead of telling me "Yeah, I can confirm you will get it this week" if it's not true. Not sure what they get by doing that.

For info, I ordered an iPhone 12 Pro (512GB Blue Pacific) the 16/10.

View more options
Billybb

Follow donkey388 advice and complain I just did mine takes like 2 minutes

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/complaints/complain-about-phones-or-internet-services/the-way-a-service-was...

View more options
Whattacos

I ordered mine on the 18th. Pacific blue 128GB and spoke to a few people from Vodafone before the 23rd and everyone assured me there weren’t any stock issues and I would receive it on launch day. 3 weeks later and my phone still isn’t here, the tracker is stuck on just “order confirmed” since Tuesday. 

I also received the promo to win airpods and the portable charger compensation but still no sign of the phone. 

View more options
London_112

Vodafone are lying [Removed]

MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

View more options
gstreet

@London_112 when did your friend order their phone?

View more options
gstreet

@Whatacos I received the AirPods competition but no text for the compensation, although I've been offered the charger & screen cleaner via IM, and was told it would be included in my shipment, but reading your message I'm guessing that will not arrive now.

View more options
London_112

they ordered the pro one day after release day, this month

View more options
donkey388

I suspect everyone will be getting the portable charger. I was offered it too, I asked them to remove it because I have no need for one and will simply be placing it in the bin (creating waste which can be avoided). However, they said it's not possible to remove the portable charger. 

I do recommend everyone raises a formal complain with Vodafone, you'll then get a case manager and all communications are tracked. It gives you the opportunity to ask key questions like "why do you quote a timeline prior to a customer placing an order, but then say you have no controls over the timelines once an order has been placed".

View more options