main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

iPhone 12 pro max home screen issue

davidlan
2: Seeker

I have the iPhone 12 pro max 128gb in silver. The issue I have is this and wondered if any other user has come across it. On the locked home screen to the left of the “notch” are the words “Vodafone UK” which scroll and slide from right to left. This is constant while the screen is locked. It does have a momentary pause but keeps flowing. On mine it stays frozen so all you see is “odafone u” as the other letters are hidden as it is not scrolling! Only once the phone is turned off and on will it work but once you have unlocked and lock again it freezes and stays frozen. I have updated the lates iOS, reset erased restored with and without back up and even been to the Genius Bar where they replaced my handset but the problem is still there. I’ve run out of options and it’s taken so much time with all the resetting and restoring I’ve had enough! It’s not a big thing but it’s annoying as it’s there and it shouldn’t be.

Has anyone else noticed this or come across it? And I’ve checked other phones and it should scroll and not be frozen! Any suggestions?

Thank you

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I do not use your model of phone @davidlan but I have seen past similar posts to yours in regards to this which I think from memory started after a past iOS update.

As it's software restoring the iPhone wouldn't remedy this.

iOS/iPhone-X-home-screen-issue. 

Current Phone >

Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone >

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860.

View more options
redpages

I'd never noticed it before now but mine seems to be scrolling fine on a 12 Pro Max.

I can't think of any reason why it's scrolling on some phones and not others. I do have a physical SIM and an eSIM running on the device if that makes any difference. 

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

View more options
jeffkinn

I only have a physical sim in my 12 Pro Max and the words are scrolling. As has been said this was an issue that came up once before but I don't recall if there was a solution to it. 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options