cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 4S bought from Carphone Warehouse wont unlock - PLEASE HELP!

kegandecaul
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

I have just moved to another country and I need my handset unlocked to use it with a local sim. Before moving I put in a request which failed, then when I called to find out why I was told to speak to carphone warehouse, as that’s where I bought it from and only they could unlock it.

I spoke to carphone warehouse to get it unlocked but I read on their website that they never do unlocking and that I should be speaking to Vodafone instead. Sure enough I was told only Vodafone could unlock it. I then researched the Apple website for unlocking information who also says to get in touch with the 'carrier'. 

So I spoke to Vodafone again and they refused to help and kept trying to get me to pay £20 and said it wouldn’t be guaranteed to work, even though the contract ends in two months. The lady I spoke to also refused to put me in touch with her manager or anyone else who could help.

Eventually after over 30 minutes on the phone (I’m calling from the Caribbean!) the unlock request was put through again but it’s going to be 7-10 working days before anything happens and there is still no guarantee. From what I have read on these forums it’s fully possible for Vodafone to unlock it, it just seems to be policy to refuse them.

Please can someone help me to get the phone unlocked?

Many Thanks,

Kegan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Phone now unlocked!

Dear Customer,

Reference Number: 10*****
Mobile Number: 07****************
IMEI Number: 0********************

The iPhone has now been unlocked – Please replace the SIM (use a SIM which has never been used with this iPhone) and connect to iTunes or perform a software restore via iTunes.

Kind Regards,
Divya (surname removed)
NUC Resolutions

View solution in original position

18 REPLIES 18

Hi,

I'm also having this problem with an iphone 5s. I have the proof of purchase but keep being given the run around by Vodafone. I have been told they have emailed the unlock team...but have not heard back, told they can fill in a new form which has come back with the standard 'there is a problem with unlocking your phone' email and then told by the complaints department to factory reset my phone with the new sim in while connected to itunes which you cant do.

Please help I'm at my wits end!!!!!

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We'd like to get this resolved for you @nicolemcentee91.

So we can help, I've sent you a private message with details to contact our team directly. Once we receive your details, we'll be in touch as soon as possible.

TJ_Deppo
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Fine with me. Ive got it all ready.
Cheers

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi TJ_Deppo

Can you get in touch here so we can help you further with this? :Smiling:

Thanks

Sukhi

Im having the exact same problem please help! :smileysad:

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

A recent change in the way things are done is that you will now have to contact CPW and ask them to contact Vodafone and update the IMEI number on your account.

When they have done that you can complete the NUC form.

Tegfan
1: Seeker
I'm having the same problem. Do Vodafone not think it would be a good idea to register all IMEI numbers from customers who have bought through a third party?

I'm beside myself after promising my phone to a sick relative and Vodafone being very unhelpful and telling me there is no way I can complain about the fact several members of their staff have lied to me saying they have done it and it will be sorted when in fact it won't be! I wouldn't mind but being treated like a criminal even though I've paid out over £1200 for a £700 phone through contract fees rather than buying it outright!

Disgusted with Vodafone over this, absolutely appalling!!!

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Tegfan We'll be happy to look into this for you.

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

I'm in exactly the same situation. Ive been diverted so many times really bad customer service! 

I've paid well over the odds for this 5yrs old iphone! 

Vodafone simply refuses to unlock it even though I have proof of purchase. 

I don't understand why none of the customer service agents seem to know what they are doing?