Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 5 calls breaking up after ~20 mins

Jonat50
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Had an iPhone 5 for a year or so now. Ever since it was new, I've occasionally had calls suddenly break up (with really loud interference) and had to redial. I put it down to circumstances until finally I've realised that it's happening more often and its probably the phone at fault.

The phone is running the latest version of the OS.

I cycle the power at least twice a week.

I've tried closing open apps and turning wifi and BT off before a call. No difference.

Usually happens around 20-23 minute mark.

Signal strength 3/4 blobs.

Happens in held and speakerphone modes.

Like many others, the phone is used for my work, and its getting incredibly embarrasing when the call breaks up.

I've spent over an hour looking around for ideas/solutions and drawn a blank. Can anyone suggest what to do?

Cheers one and all !

3 REPLIES 3

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you are still experiencing the issue having completed these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you ASAP.

Thanks
Matt

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Take the phone to an Apple store and get a Genius to look it over and see if its a hardware fault.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Jonat50,

Did the guide that Matt posted help determine a fault with the SIM or local masts?

If not, then we can arrange a repair. Apple warranties work slightly differently from other makes, but if you can show the issue has always been present then we can arrange an out of warranty repair.

Alternatively, you can take the phone to your nearest Apple store. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben