Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 6 Plus 16gb - its only 11gb

daveherron
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Got my iPhone 6 Plus 16gb today - loks like i was one of the lucky ones.

Well the thing is, I have used 6.6GB and have 5.3GB left.  Someway short of the 16gb I thought i had bought.

Surely IOS 8 is not 4.1 GB in size???  Other iPhones i have had have had way more space available than this.

Leaves a bit of a sour taste 

3 REPLIES 3

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

4.1 GB sounds about right - the iPhone 5C only has 12.6GB actual space with IOS 7 taking up 3.4GB.  The difference between OS's sounds about right.

If you aren't happy, you can always return the handset and cancel you upgrade.  

PWIAC

Part of this is also in the numbers, the way companies sell harddrives and storage is they sell 16gb as 16,000,000,000 bytes. But its actually 1024 bytes in a KB, 1024 kb in a MB, 1024MB in a GB - as such 16gb actually only makes 14,90 gb really. Its annoying, my 64GB 6 plus (when i eventually get it) will only be 59.6gb. silly :Smiling:

SkylineLvr
8: Helper
8: Helper
My 128GB 6+ is actually only 114GB. It's still more than enough for me.

I will say this about the Plus, it's a big phone, but surprisingly not as big as I feared. I don't have extremely large hands, but this baby fits perfectly. I just can't put it down. The battery life so far is amazing. My wife is going to hate me this weekend, lol.

For those still waiting for their phones, I understand your frustration, but guarantee you won't be disappointed in this phone.
  • Previous phone: iPhone 5 64GB Black Slate
  • Current phone: iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Space Grey
  • Next phone: Possibly the iPhone 7