main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

iOS

iPhone 6 Won't Charge

2: Seeker

Anyone else encountered this problem and, if so, how did you fix it?

Started last week just randomly not charging, then as the weeks gone on it's got worse to the point that now it won't charge. Tried a different plug, different wire (all Apple Official) and they didn't work, tried them in a mates iPhone 6 and his charges fine from the same plugs and wires.

I blew in the docking hole to try to clear any dust/lint in there and had a good look at it with a torch and it's lint/dust free - all the connections look fine, I can't work it out. Any ideas? Is it a common issue? I wouldn't mind but the thing is 4 months old and i'm already having a problem with the charging, which is disgusting quite frankly.

I've never had a charging issue with any of my previous phones and in 4 months the first issue has came about. For something that is so expensive, it is incredibly flimsy and poorly made.

View more options
2 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

Hi

You seem to have gone through the generic self help options.

On the iPhone hold down the Sleep/Wake Button and Home button together until the Apple Logo shows. Then On seeing this Apple Logo release both buttons ,and the iPhone will reset , which has been known to clear most glitches.

Do you have a local  HighStreet store.

You could book to see a person at the Genius Bar via

(Removed according to House Rules)

If it's a hardware issue they'll swap out the phone for you.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
1: Seeker

Unable to solve iPhone 6s won’t charge issue???? Fed up with trying out all the different methods??? No problem. I am here to help and direct you in a right way. Nothing is impossible. Am I right? Well, there are a lot of methods that completely wash out the issue in less time. And by trying out these will also reduce wastage of time and money very well.

View more options