Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 6 iCloud lock

iwest
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello, I bought an iPhone 6 from UK. The phone has an UK Vodafone sim-card inserted [ +4478394532 ]. Unfortuneltly I can't reach him. Is there a way Vodafone could help me remove this iCloud lock or help me contact this person?

Thanks
iwest

8 REPLIES 8

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @iwest

Vodafone won't be giving you any information.

Where did you get the phone?

The phone is icloud IMEI locked, this means only the person who is the original owner can remove the lock.

If you purchased the phone by legitimate means, you need to go back to the point of purchase.  If you purchased the phone from non legitimate means, the icloud lock remains to protect the original owner.

Why do you think it's stolen? Its bought from  eBay and the old owners Vodafone sim-card is inside.

BandOfBrothers

@iwest wrote:

Why do you think it's stolen? Its bought from  eBay and the old owners Vodafone sim-card is inside.

There are ways to check its status. 

Checkmend is one. 

how-to-identify-stolen-iphone-ipad.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes, I checked, the activation lock is on. But that dosn't mean it's stolen ? Becouse as I checked my other iPhone5 IMEI the activation lock was on also but I can use it and bought it from Apple.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@iwest The reason you can use your other iPhone 5 with the activation lock on is because it is registered against you Apple ID.

The phone you are having problems with is registered against the previous owners ID. The only way to get it removed is to ask tbe previous owner to remove it.

What did tbe description on eBay say about the sim lock? If is was not described accurately you can raise a dispute and eBay will refund you, they can also make contact with the seller for you. If the eBay account is no longer open it may be you have been scammed.

jeffkinn

There is nothing to suggest that it's the stolen and no need to pay for a Checkmend report.

Vodafone has nothing to do with iCloud. That's an Apple service but they won't help you either for privacy reasons. Even the FBI have been unable to persuade them to break that.

Surely if you set the phone up as a new phone using iTunes it will clear all previous icloud settings.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers

If the phone is locked with the previous owners Apple ID and password you won't be able to set it up as new through iTunes until the original owner erases all

content and settings. 

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201351

Current Phone  >

BandOfBrothers

Hi

This Apple link may help  https://support.apple.com/kb/PH13695?locale=en_GB

Current Phone  >