Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 7 Delivery Problems- Already!!!

shane12345
11: Established
If you ordered an iPhone 7 today you should receive a text and an email confirming your phone will be delivered by DPD.

However, make sure you CHECK THE ADDRESS!!! Mine came through as an old address that Vodfone had on file, not my current billing address, which they also have.

Contacted Vodafone CS and they say they have been inundated with calls about this- people receiving confirmation that phone will be delivered to and OLD ADDRESS even when Vodafone has their current address!

Make sure you keep an eye out!
14 REPLIES 14

Retired-Cara_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @shane12345

This is disappointing to hear. Is this being sorted for you? Please keep us updated on here. 

Thanks,

Cara

Exactly the same issue. Ordered iphone 7 first thing last Friday morning after being on hold for an hour. Received a text later that evening to say that my order had been confirmed but the device would be shipping to a legacy address over 10 years old! Called Vodafone to change the delivery address only to be given two options 1) wait outside the address for the delivery 2) cancel order and resubmit. Naturally, the iphone will ship on a first come first served based so by cancelling the order I was effectively placing myself at the back of the queue. Apparently once the delivery details are completed by Vodafone they cannot be changed. Completely unacceptable and this issue is still unresolved. Went into a Vodafone store on Monday to explain, the chap I spoke to basically said cancel the order, there was no way I was getting an iphone 7plus in jet black for 3-4 weeks anyway!

been with Voda for 18 years - disgusted with the outcome

similar happening to me

did you manage to get this sorted / how? 

thanks

shane12345
No it's not. Apparently Vodafone's mistake cannot be corrected until the phone actually ships. Then I must try and get DPD to redirect to my correct address- which Vodafone has had all along!

Why is Vodafone's mistake my problem to solve?

@shane12345 wrote:
No it's not. Apparently Vodafone's mistake cannot be corrected until the phone actually ships. Then I must try and get DPD to redirect to my correct address- which Vodafone has had all along!

Why is Vodafone's mistake my problem to solve?

This problem has existed all across Vodafone for a number of months, and is I suspect another manifestation of data transfer errors between the old and new computer systems - something somewhere is treating database archive information as live information.

d4c1981
4: Newbie
This is ridiculous, Ive rang twice and both times my delivery address has been my old one. I told them to delete my old address but it still keeps cropping up. If my order gets screwed up and I have to rectify my order via DPD then I'm done with Vodafone. It's just not good enough with all the money I pay them and lines I have.

At least you've got something from DPD, nothing here.

shane12345
It not only says that DPD is shipping to an old address, it also says they are shipping an iPhone 6Plus in space grey- the phone that they delivered two years ago!

shane12345
So really oddly, even though the tracking page shows and out of date, old address AND lists my old phone- when it asks for tracking number and postcode it only accepts my CURRENT postcode and not the old postcode it is showing.

Vodafone, get rid of your Vic 20 and get a computer that was made in the last 20 years.