Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 7 Plus waiting time

louisa1234
2: Seeker

I've been waiting since mid November for my iphone 7 plus 128gb gold, and my delivery date is saying 21-28 December. I've gone online and spoken to a sales rep there and she's saying that I should cancel my order and re-do the order and they will have my phone to me within 1-2 days. HOW ON EARTH IS THIS POSSIBLE? Has anyone else experienced this? I'm apprehensive to go ahead and do this as I feel she could be lying to me. 

16 REPLIES 16

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

It was my understanding that once an order had been processed then if not cancelled within the first hour it then couldn't be cancelled until the phone had come into stock and delivered,then refused or sent back by the account holder !

I agree the advice to cancel and re start the order to get it in 1-2 days sounds barmy unless the original order is stuck somehow!

I always suggest to upgrade in a store if local and convenient as a person then usually walks out with phone in hand stock permitting and no delivery to wait in for. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @louisa1234

I would leave things as they are.  Allowing for the Christmas break, you will have the order within the next week.

If you check the online stock, you will see that the gold is on back order with 2 - 3 weeks delivery for the 32 and 128GB and 4 - 6 weeks for the 256GB.  Alternative colours are also on back order.

To update everyone,

I went back on online chat before I left work yesterday and the guy on the online chat said that my phone was ready for collection!! Ecstatic, I went to the store, and the store said they didn't have my order and that the online chat person (Anant) had LIED TO ME. The lady in the store said that she's had multiple issues with customers coming in store saying that online chat people were causing them issues as they were telling customers very incorrect information. 

The lady in-store said that there's no visibliity that when iPhone 7 plus 128GB are coming. They received a few 32gb, but the waiting list is mostly for 128gb customers. 

So disappointed, I can't believe that in 2016 customer service reps are lying to customers. 

bootyesta1980
3: Seeker
I ordered mine on 7th November bin waited over 5 weeks as the estimated dates was 14-21st Dec, I thou I will go to the store explained wot happened and they told me can sort out finally on Sunday I got the iPhone 7 plus 128gb jet black at the store!! They already cancelled the order for me cos I am Deaf?i can't communicate over the phone so the best way thing u go to the store sort that out

bootyesta1980
Same as me I hate live chat person always lied all the time, they don't know how to stop telling lies to the customers, I am soz u have to wait 128gb as I got mine on 3 days ago! Don't give up u better ask compensation as like credited... its worth it to fight for it

Definitely! I told the girl in store that I wanted to escalate this as lying to customers is just not OK. I should be hearing from someone soon and will definitely be asking for compensation. 

bootyesta1980
Asked them if u can get power bank for free as I got mine as the iPhone been delayed...

Billic

Hi louise,

I have just come off the phone with Vodafone and I had a similar response from them. They told me to cancel my order and go into another Vodafone branch and resubmit my order. I agree with you this sounds ridiculous and i believe its just a way for them to get rid of orders that have been on their system for too long because as soon as you resubmit your order its classed as a new order and the length of time you have already been waiting is completely forgotten.

i am on the verge of cancelling not just my order with Vodafone but my contract as well which is a shame after being with Vodafone for over 20 years but i am fed up with their inability to get my phone for me especially after one of my friends ordered this phone from Apple last week and collected it today.

Good luck but i do not hold out much hope for you or me getting our phones which we have already paid for from Vodafone any time in the near future.

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Billic

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

There's been times when orders haven't gone through correctly, these orders are usually cancelled and placed again.

If you pop over to Live Chat we'll take a look at this for you.