Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 8 trade in complaint

Natalierm
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Went to local(ISH) store to trade in my iPhone 8 after early upgrade. The phone was well looked after, and in practically new condition. They inspected the phone and agreed a price, I signed and handed it over (boxed and with charger) and walked away with a sales agreement. They told me it would take 5 working days for payment of £191 to be recieved.

2 weeks later and nothing. I call and get passed from call handler to call handler - eventually I get told by somebody who actually has a clue what's going on that the trade in was cancelled by the store the same day I took it out, and they still have my handset. I have been told that unless I go into store and reinstate the trade in (I have tried and they have said they sent it off and can't do anything) then I get no money.

What do I do. I have formally complained to Vodafone but keep getting told I must go into store, but they are not helping. I have been robbed of a fully functional iPhone 8 in mint condition and I am now £191 down. This surely isn't legal when I have a signed trade in agreement stating they owe me £191 for the phone which has been received by them??

Any help??

10 REPLIES 10

Yes I managed to get a mobile number for the store manager through customer services, but they were not helpful. I'm dreading going into the store today.

I went into the store for my trade in and they offered me either money off future bills (i.e. credit on my account) or a cash payment via BACS transfer which is what I decided to take. I have the trade in agreement signed to prove I handed over the phone.

What do you mean they will not have kept by iPhone. The trade in team do not have it, I do not have it, so they must have it. If I go in today and find out they don't have it and nothing can be done what do I do. They agreed to take my phone and give me £191, surely they can't just cancel that and keep my handset? 

I just feel lied to, misled and let down. I have tried so hard to resolve this issue but nobody can help me. It's ok asking me to visit the store but it isnt that easy, the parking at the store is very expensive and it's not super local, so it's costing me a lot of money to resolve an issue that isn't my fault at all. Is there any way I can get compensated for this major issue?