Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 8 trade in complaint

Natalierm
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Went to local(ISH) store to trade in my iPhone 8 after early upgrade. The phone was well looked after, and in practically new condition. They inspected the phone and agreed a price, I signed and handed it over (boxed and with charger) and walked away with a sales agreement. They told me it would take 5 working days for payment of £191 to be recieved.

2 weeks later and nothing. I call and get passed from call handler to call handler - eventually I get told by somebody who actually has a clue what's going on that the trade in was cancelled by the store the same day I took it out, and they still have my handset. I have been told that unless I go into store and reinstate the trade in (I have tried and they have said they sent it off and can't do anything) then I get no money.

What do I do. I have formally complained to Vodafone but keep getting told I must go into store, but they are not helping. I have been robbed of a fully functional iPhone 8 in mint condition and I am now £191 down. This surely isn't legal when I have a signed trade in agreement stating they owe me £191 for the phone which has been received by them??

Any help??

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I'm not surprised your upset and getting frustrated over this @Natalierm  Anyone would !

There's obviously some miscommunication between the Store and Vodafone systems.

The manager of the Vodafone Highstreet Store needs to own this issue now by supplying all the info to the investigation that will be held now you've raised an official complaint.

May I ask did you use the Official Vodafone Complaints Online Form Here.

I wish you all the best with this unfortunate situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes, it is really frustrating. What is more upsetting is they agreed to £191 being transferred into my account (BACS) and that's why I handed over the phone and signed the trade in agreement, so to have them cancel it and not tell me anything is appalling.

I did fill in an online complaints form, and somebody called me yesterday trying to resolve it but they can't until I visit the store. 

AnnS

Hi @Natalierm 

It may be frustrating but you have to go back to the store to collect the phone.  If you want the money direct to your bank account, you have to trade in online as in the link I left.

This is easily solved when you have collected the phone from the store.

As alternative is to sell the phone through a third party buy back service, easily found online, you may even get more money for your phone.

But I have been told over the phone by the store that they do not have my phone? 

How do I resolve this? (Not sure your quite understanding this issue, I wish it was that simple). 

Also I have been told by Vodafone trade in that I can trade in via a store for a cash BACS payment, that is standard now, they just need the store to process it properly. 

Also why am I having to discover this myself? Why didn't the store call me and tell me their was an issue. I have been sat here for two weeks waiting for my money with no word of anyrhing. It's not acceptable. 

BandOfBrothers

The staff in the store are best place to advise if the phone is there or not and as they've told you it's been sent away I'm sure that's what has happened  

As I said it sounds to me that somehow Vodafone systems have glitched or not updated to show it's TRUE status causing this delay.

Please do go into the store and speak direct with the manager and I'm sure they'll get this sorted for you @Natalierm 

At the end of the day you've agreed a trade in amount and handed custody of the iPhone to them and thus this is for Vodafone to resolve one way or another between their departments and give you the money now owed and agreed  !

Current Phone  >

I am currently waiting to be seen in the store. I will update when I have more information. 

BandOfBrothers

@Natalierm wrote:

I am currently waiting to be seen in the store. I will update when I have more information. 

How did you get on @Natalierm  ?

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @Natalierm 

When you have been back to the store as advised by Customer Services, please come back to the forum and if it is still not solved, the Social Media Team here on the forum will be able to intervene and help.

AnnS

Hi @Natalierm 

Vodafone won't have kept your phone, you have been asked to call into the store.  At this point you have only called, I thought stores did not have access to a store phone and contact was through Customer Services.

When you trade in through a store, it will be for credit to use towards a new device or accessories or  to use towards a discounted plan or credit on your bill and this may be the reason the store has been unable to complete the buy back.

Please see this link: Vodafone Trade In in-store